The second largest city in Zambia is Kitwe. It is the most commercially developed as well as the industrial areas in the entire nation. Kitwe has many mines that are located on the North Western side of the country.
If you want to come to Kitwe, you may want to bring your vehicle over while you are there. You will be able to travel and go wherever you want to while you are staying there. This will avoid language barriers as well as currency issues trying to pay for a taxi. When dealing with public transportation it’s not always easy in Zambia so having your own vehicle will pay off.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Driving in Zambia.
There are five major roads traveled in Zambia and they are all narrow. There are other roadways in the Zambia but they are not in the best shape. All roads lead to all destinations that this country is well known for. The main way to get around in Zambia is the railway. Having a vehicle here in Zambia during your stay will be a great idea.
It’s not very easy to get a vehicle imported to Zambia. There are currently strict laws about importing vehicles that will include a Letter of Authority. You will also need an import permit. You can contact the South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) for more information about what will be needed when transporting in order to get your vehicle into the country. If you are a diplomat coming to Zambia, you will need to allow at least twenty days for obtaining the correct documentation. In order to get through Zambia Revenue Authority quicker, you may want to make arrangements so you can have everything ready for your arrival in Zambia to avoid any delays.
Documentation Needed for Shipping to Kitwe.
If your vehicle is over twenty five years old, it will not be allowed into Zambia. In order to present your vehicle for shipment, you will need to have the following documentation prepared:
- Proof of ownership.
- Customs release notification form.
- Letter of Authority.
- Title and Registration.
- Invoice of the vehicle where you purchased it.
- Import Permit.
Left handed motor vehicles are not allowed to be imported into Zambia. You can only ship one vehicle into Zambia. You will be expected to pay any taxes which are based on the value of your car, if the value of your car is more than $5,000 and the number of miles on it is high. If the vehicle you are shipping to Zambia is new, you will need to pay taxes of 25% of the value of the vehicle and 17.5% VAT. You will also need to provide all the invoices and documentation of the vehicle as well.
Methods of Shipping a Vehicle to Zambia.
You can choose any of the following shipping methods:
- Air shipping – This is a very costly method of shipping to Zambia and is not always the shipping method most chosen
- Roll On/ Roll Off – This type of shipping method involves your vehicle being driven onto the ship and then rolled off the ship. Nothing can be in the vehicle except for the spare tire, the floor mats, and the car jack.
- Container shipping is another option for importing a vehicle. You can fill a container with anything that you want to ship including your car. You can reduce the cost of shipping by sharing the container with someone else.
There are no direct sea ports to Zambia because it is landlocked. You will need have your vehicles shipped to the closest port in Tanzania and have A1 Auto Transport take care of the logistics.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?