Situated on the River Congo, Kinshasa is the capital of the nation and the most populated city in Congo. If you are heading out to Kinshasa on an extended stay for work or study, it is best to have your own vehicle for easy commuting in and around the city.
However, ensure that the vehicle that you intend importing is sturdy vehicle as the climatic conditions are harsh.
If you intend importing the vehicle on your own, it can be tough and that is why it is important that you work with an experienced and trusted international shipping company like A1 Auto Transport. Not only do they have years of experience but will work with you at every step to ensure that your vehicle reaches you safely in Kinshasa.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Cost of shipping a vehicle from USA.
As per the new laws formulated in 2013, as per Ministry of Transports in Congo, rules on the used cars have been limited to:
- vehicles with less than 10 seats need to be lower than 10 years old
- cars/automobiles with 10 or more seats need to be 7 years old or less
All vehicles being imported have to pay the Import Declaration Fee which is about 22.5% of the evaluated resale value of the vehicle. If you are looking to estimate the cost of the total shipping you need to factor in the import duties and taxes. On an average the VAT ranges from 8% to 13% while depending upon the size of the engine, the excise duty ranges from 8% to 46%. A1 Auto Transport service would be able to assist you with the additional details. It is important to note that only left hand driven vehicles are imported to Congo.
Documents to submit to Customs department in Congo.
All shipping services and importers need to submit a host of documentation to ensure that the vehicle is brought into Congo legally. These are:
- Title deed of the vehicle.
- Original vehicle registration documents.
- Vehicle inspection certificate.
- Receipt of paid taxes and duties.
- Bill of vehicle purchase.
- Insurance certificate.
- Proof of ownership.
Although there are many ways to ship your vehicle, the most popular ways include container shipping and Roll-on/Roll-Off.
RORO shipping ensures that only an empty vehicle is shipped. Your vehicle is driven on the ship at the US port and secured in place. It is driven off at the Port of Matadi in Congo. No personal items are allowed to be kept but spare tire, jack and floor mats have to be left inside.
However, if you are shipping an expensive vehicle or additional personal items, container shipping works best. You can choose from different sized containers and even though it is more expensive than RORO, it is safer and more secure.
Get all the current information on shipping vehicles from USA to Kinshasa in Congo by contacting the Embassy of Democratic Republic of Congo today.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?