If you want to visit a place in Guinea, try Kindia, the fourth largest city there. It lies approximately eighty-five miles north east of Conakry, the capital of Guinea. The Guinean Armed Forces base their headquarters there in Kindia as well. Guinea is a coastal area with a tropical type climate that is mild throughout the year. During the months of April through November, you may notice more flooding on roadways which make them unpassable. This flooding mainly occurs after a rain storm or even a monsoon. If you are bringing your vehicle to Guinea, you will need to get it ready to ship and that includes filing the correct paperwork as well. Before you get started, you should also be aware of the rules and regulations of importing a vehicle to Guinea as well.
Guinea is a coastal area with a tropical type climate that is mild throughout the year. During the months of April through November, you may notice more flooding on roadways which make them unpassable. This flooding mainly occurs after a rain storm or even a monsoon. If you are bringing your vehicle to Guinea, you will need to get it ready to ship and that includes filing the correct paperwork as well. Before you get started, you should also be aware of the rules and regulations of importing a vehicle to Guinea as well.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Guinea Motor Vehicle Regulations.
When you export your vehicle from the United States to Kindia, the procedures, rules, and regulations are not that difficult. You simply need to be aware of the rules and regulations to ensure that your vehicle is imported without any delays. Before your vehicle enters Guinea, it helps to know of all the rules and regulations for driving here apart from knowing about the specific regulations governing the auto import:
- You will be responsible for paying all taxes on a new vehicle that you import.
- You will need to pay all customs and duty tax that is determined by your vehicle’s make, model, engine size, freight charges, as well as insurance coverage. You will also need to verify the cost of your car.
- All new vehicles which are imported at 2% of the value of the vehicle or above will need to pay RDL tax or Relevance our Traitement de Liquidation.
Additionally, to ensure that your ownership is verified and the vehicle import is legal and meets all the eligibility requirements, you are required to submit these documents:
- The title of the vehicle.
- Documentation of Insurance.
- Bill of Sale (Original).
- Appraisal Value of your Vehicle.
- Documentation of the engine capacity.
A1 Auto Transport Service can assist you with your importing needs, as they are very familiar with the rules and regulations of shipping a vehicle to Guinea. It’s important that you call them as soon as you know that you are going to import your vehicle so you can gain the knowledge of transporting and know what is required from you. You can consider A1 Auto transport Service your personal shipping agent for this particular venture. You will need to drive your vehicle to the nearest port for exporting. You will need to prepare your vehicle for shipment there. You will have several ports to choose from that will ship to Guinea. A1 Auto Transport Service agent will work with you to ensure that your vehicle is ready for transport to avoid delays. They will even arrange for your vehicle to be picked up at your home or office and brought to the port of exit if needed.
Options of freight shipment.
During your discussion of import options with your personal shipping agent, you will also need to consider what shipping method you will be using as there are a couple to choose from- Roll On/ Roll Off and container shipping options.
With Roll On/ Roll Off shipping or RORO, you will need to have a vehicle that is operational and able to drive onto the deck of the ship where it will be harnessed own in place for the trip from the United States to Guinea. Once it arrives at the port in Guinea, it will be unstrapped and driven off of the ship. This method is the most chosen means of shipping due to the fact that it is inexpensive and fast too.
Container shipping is another option. With this option, your vehicle is loaded into a 20 foot or 40 foot container where it will be sealed shut. Before it’s sealed, you will have the option to load it up with your personal household items so they can ship the same time as your vehicle. There is plenty of room for both your vehicle and your household items. In fact, you may be able to share the container with someone else who may also be shipping items to Guinea. This method of shipping is more expensive but it is the best way to ship personal items as well.
If your stay in Guinea will be long term, you may want to consider container shipping just so you can ship it all at one time. You can find out more information by contacting the Guinea Embassy which is located in Washington, DC.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?