- Car Shipping Khulna
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Khulna
- Documents For Shipping
- Preparing Vehicle For Shipping
- What Happens When The Car Arrives In Bangladesh?
- Different Methods Of Automobile Transportation
Car Shipping Khulna
The 3rd largest city in Bangladesh, Khulna is administrative centre of both Khulna District. Strategically located on the banks of Rupsha River, it is an established port for years. Import of goods and the ever-growing expatriate population have contributed well to the economy of Bangladesh. Owing to such favorable developments, the laws and customs related to both shipping and moving to this country have become better, easier, and stronger with time. If you intend moving to Khulna due to business or personal reasons on a long term or short term basis, it is beneficial to have your own vehicle with you at all times.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Khulna
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Khulna||$200||$2800||5+39 days|
|Khulna to (New York port) to Boston, MA||$400||$3000||5+42 days|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Khulna||$475||$2800||6+39 days|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Khulna||$550||$2800||6+39 days|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Khulna||$575||$3000||6+42 days|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Khulna||$700||$3000||6+42 days|
|Khulna to (California port) to Denver, CO||$775||$2800||7+39 days|
|Khulna to (New York port) to Memphis, TN||$800||$3000||6+42 days|
|Khulna to (New York port) to Miami, FL||$925||$3000||7+42 days|
|Khulna to (California port) to Dallas, TX||$1,025||$2800||7+39 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Documents for shipping
There are some important documents that you need to have before seeking to ship your vehicle from US to Bangladesh. These essential documents are:
- Vehicle registration documents
- Passport of owner
- Title deed of vehicle
- Original invoice of vehicle purchase
- Residence permit
- Ownership proof
- Bill of Lading
Preparing vehicle for shipping
You can also visit the customs department of Bangladesh government to get further information in this regard. Before the vehicle is shipped from US port, it is important that the interiors of the vehicle undergo steam cleaning to avoid quarantine at Khulna port. By working with a reputed international auto transporter, A1 Auto Transport service, we ensure that your vehicle is made worthy of the custom regulations and will work with you at every step to ensure that eligibility criteria or shipping status is met as per the US Federal Regulations Code, Title 19.
What happens when the car arrives in Bangladesh?
You will need to complete certain procedures once the vehicle arrives in Khulna, as well. Starting with the payment of customs duty, fees and taxes associated with your shipment, emission and road safety tests need to be completed. Now you will be eligible to apply for registration of identification plate after seeking an approval from Bangladeshi government.
Different methods of automobile transportation
- Roll On, Off and RO-RO method: the cheapest method for shipping vehicles to Khulna or other cities in Bangladesh. The vehicle is driven on to the deck and secured. At the destination port, it is driven off and you can only have the floor mats, jack and spare tire within the vehicle. The ships have ramps that make the on-off movement of the vehicles easy. Most people prefer this because it is both cost-effective and convenient.
- Shipping in container: Another method is the container shipping where you can book your very own container or share with others to keep the associated costs down. Private container can be anything between 20 feet-40 feet and you can send other items along with the vehicle.
If you need additional assistance with preparing for shipping your vehicle to Khulna, Bangladesh, contact the U.S. Embassy in Bangladesh or call in A-1 Auto Transport service and we'll be glad to assist you.