The 3rd largest city in Bangladesh, Khulna is administrative centre of both Khulna District. Strategically located on the banks of Rupsha River, it is an established port for years. Import of goods and the ever-growing expatriate population have contributed well to the economy of Bangladesh. Owing to such favorable developments, the laws and customs related to both shipping and moving to this country have become better, easier, and stronger with time. If you intend moving to Khulna due to business or personal reasons on a long term or short term basis, it is beneficial to have your own vehicle with you at all times.
Documents for shipping
There are some important documents that you need to have before seeking to ship your vehicle from US to Bangladesh. These essential documents are:
- Vehicle registration documents
- Passport of owner
- Title deed of vehicle
- Original invoice of vehicle purchase
- Residence permit
- Ownership proof
- Bill of Lading
Preparing vehicle for shipping
You can also visit the customs department of Bangladesh government to get further information in this regard. Before the vehicle is shipped from US port, it is important that the interiors of the vehicle undergo steam cleaning to avoid quarantine at Khulna port. By working with a reputed international auto transporter, A1 Auto Transport service, we ensure that your vehicle is made worthy of the custom regulations and will work with you at every step to ensure that eligibility criteria or shipping status is met as per the US Federal Regulations Code, Title 19.
What happens when the car arrives in Bangladesh?
You will need to complete certain procedures once the vehicle arrives in Khulna, as well. Starting with the payment of customs duty, fees and taxes associated with your shipment, emission and road safety tests need to be completed. Now you will be eligible to apply for registration of identification plate after seeking an approval from Bangladeshi government.
Different methods of automobile transportation
- Roll On, Off and RO-RO method: the cheapest method for shipping vehicles to Khulna or other cities in Bangladesh. The vehicle is driven on to the deck and secured. At the destination port, it is driven off and you can only have the floor mats, jack and spare tire within the vehicle. The ships have ramps that make the on-off movement of the vehicles easy. Most people prefer this because it is both cost-effective and convenient.
- Shipping in container: Another method is the container shipping where you can book your very own container or share with others to keep the associated costs down. Private container can be anything between 20 feet-40 feet and you can send other items along with the vehicle.
If you need additional assistance with preparing for shipping your vehicle to Khulna, Bangladesh, contact the U.S. Embassy in Bangladesh or call in A-1 Auto Transport service and we’ll be glad to assist you.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory