Khobar is one of the leading industrial cities in Saudi Arabia. It has for several years seen a large influx of businessmen from around the globe who have entered the city to set up new, or go to work at existing and growing corporations. There has been a lot of construction within the last 5 years and the city is filled with beautiful architecture and skyscrapers. If you have moved to Khobar you may quickly discover that it will be beneficial to have your personal car in the city with you. Whether you will be in Khobar long term or just for a short time period for work, your car will make getting around much easier than having to take a taxi or find a rental car company that will allow the car to be driven in all areas. An experienced auto transport company will be able to ease the worry of having your car imported into the city and will make sure that everything is taken care of professionally and legally. You will need to provide the company with some of your personal information prior to shipping in order for them to begin processing your request. Some of the information they will ask for is:
- Driver’s License.
- Social Security Number.
- Car Title and/or Registration.
- Power of Attorney.
- Car Insurance Certificate.
- If you need to have them transport your car to the shipping port in your absence then they will make the proper arrangements for that as well as planning your shipping services overseas to Khobar. The customer service representative with the company will discuss modes of transport, cost of shipping and allowable items that may be shipped internationally from the United States.
How You Can Ship to Khobar.
How to ship your car to Khobar is one of the easiest decisions you will make when planning your overseas transport. There are essentially only two ways to ship by sea and those ways are with Ro/Ro or Container Shipping. Ro/Ro is the easiest as well as the quickest and least expensive way to ship a car by sea. The car will be rolled onto the ship and then transported from the United States to Khobar as quickly as possible. Once it reaches Khobar it can be driven off and then directly driven to customs for the final clearance check before leaving the port. If you need to ship items along with your car you can ship them all, including the car, inside of a special shipping container. The container, packed with the car and other shipping content will be placed on the cargo ship and then shipped to Khobar. Once it arrives at the port it will be unloaded from the ship and your personal content and car may be unloaded and can then proceed to the customs check for clearance. Some ports will allow containers while others will not, and some will allow Ro/Ro ships while others will not. When you are speaking to the transport agent they will let you know which type of shipping will be accessible at the port of entry for Khobar.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Customs Checkpoint in Khobar.
When you are making plans to ship your car to Khobar, one of the first things you need to do, even prior to making the arrangements to have the car shipped at all, is to contact the Embassy of Saudi Arabia to get updated information on customs rules and regulations and to make sure that anything you need to move to Khobar is going to be accepted when it reaches the port. You will also want to find out what may need to be done to your car before shipping to make sure that it will be considered up to the standards for motor vehicles in Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia is very strict on emissions and engine performance for cars. You cannot import a car that has been in an accident and has been damaged in any way. You will also be able to import your car only if it is five years or less from the manufacture date at the time of importation. You will also need to make sure that you contact the Embassy to make sure that the paperwork necessary for the customs clearance check is all up to date and ready to provide to officials. Some of the paperwork that you will need includes:
- Residency Permit.
- Permit of Import for the car.
- Title of Car.
- Registration of Car.
- Sales Invoice.
- Bill of Lading.
- Driver’s License.
In Saudi Arabia you must have a valid Saudi Arabian driver’s license in order to drive. You will need to apply for a local driver’s license before your car arrives at the port if you plan on driving it to your new location. You will also not be able to get clearance from customs until you obtain a Saudi Arabian Driver’s license.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory