A populated city in the Gaza Strip, Khan Yunis serves as the hub of trade, and commerce. However, with a volatile political situation, unemployment rate is high. Thus, if you are planning to move to Khan Yunis, it is best to have your own vehicle to commute within the Palestine cities.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Before you start the process of moving your car to Palestine, it is better to hire a trusted service that has experience in international auto shipping. The Gaza port accepts imports from US and it is important that the auto shipper is conversant with the procedures and documents. Some of the documents that are needed include:
- Social security card.
- Driver’s license.
- Car Title.
- Auto insurance certificate.
- Passport of the owner.
As there is a free-trade agreement with USA, there are some specific laws and regulations that have to be met. Some of the regulations are:
- It is important that the car is less than 3 years old when it is imported.
- Owner needs to have a valid import license.
- Submit Bill of Sale and Car title.
- To buy gasoline, get the approval of the General Petroleum Corporation.
- Approval of the Ministry of Transportation.
- Imported cars are transported in licensed yellow tagged Israeli trucks from the port to the city of Khan Yunis.
There are varied taxes that are applicable on the imported vehicle. The calculated tax is done on the total value of CIF or cost of the vehicle insurance and freight fees. Additionally, irrespective of the model and make of the vehicle, there is a standard 16% VAT that is applicable on the value of the car. When you work with A1 Auto Transport service, you can be sure of getting all the assistance needed for a successful import. To know the latest laws and regulations on Palestine imports, you may browse it further at PIPA laws.
There are many pre-shipping procedures that have to be completed, and you might like to check with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency. They are quick to update about the new laws and changes that done about exporting personal belongings and vehicles abroad. All information about the custom duties and taxes is also available.
Another important factor that you need to look at is the total cost of the shipping. Ask for a quote from us and we’ll be glad to give you a written quote. The most commonly used methods of sea faring freight shipping is RORO, which is the most affordable way to transport your car to Khan Yunis. The vehicle is driven on board at the US port and then driven off board at Gaza. However, you cannot store any personal items within the car and have to leave a spare tire, set of keys and floor mats only. The other method is Container shipping. In this, your vehicle along with personal goods is kept inside the container and then it is sealed for safety. At the port you can take delivery of the container.
For more information about shipping from USA to Khan Yunis in Palestine, get all the extra details at the Embassy of Palestine.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?