Keren is a city which was formerly referred to as Cheren and Sanhit. It’s the second largest city in the country of Eritrea and it has its location 91 kilometers from Asmara in a northwest direction. The elevation is approximately about 1390 meters above sea-level. The town spreads over a broad and vast basin and it is surrounded by huge mountains from each side and it serves as the capital of the Anseba region.
It is located in the Eastern parts of Africa. The transportation is rather hard in comparison with the U.S. Public transit and it may be hard for a foreigner to get by easily. If you are going to stay there for a long duration of time you should consider the option to transport your own persona vehicle which should be of great assistance.
There are two general means of exporting a car overseas and they are both sufficient enough. RO/RO shipping or Roll-on/Roll-off, as it is also referred to, is generally cheaper but the container shipping is considered to be safer for the vehicle.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
RO/RO and Container shipping.
Container shipping is overall more expensive than the RO/RO Shipping but it would also provide the owner of the car to store other belongings with the car at the same time which is rather convenient. You can also split a container with another shipper in order to cut back some expenses. The vehicles inside the container can also be filled with items whereas the vehicles transported with the RO/RO method should be empty at all costs. You can only include a car jack, spare tire and floor mats with this method of transportation.
What documents are needed and what actions should be taken.
When you decide to ship a vehicle into Eritrea, you have to prepare a variety of documents prior to undertaking the procedure. These are some of the documents:
- SABS letter of authority for second-hand cars.
- Employment proof.
- Document proving your residency in Africa.
- Registration and title documents.
- Proof of study or some sort of employment.
All of these documents are absolutely mandatory. There is no other possible option to ship a car and all of the regulations have to be abided by. Having a personal car in the country is definitely going to provide a lot of perks and benefits. You have to take into consideration the local roadway laws and to make sure that you have a place to store your car. It is obligatory to familiarize yourself with the driving regulations in Keren. You can contact the Embassy of Eritrea for more information about the process.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?