The largest city in Sierra Leone, Kenema is a major business and trading center. It is the capital of the Kenema district. If you intend to ship your car to Kenema, there are quite a few things to be thoroughly considered, you are going to need to contract a reputable company such as A1 Auto Transport service to handle the process.
Afterwards, you are going to take care and provide specific documents which are going to be needed for the customs clearance. You are also going to have to discuss whether you’re going to have your car delivered to your door or you’d go and pick it up from the port yourself. In any case, relocating is without a doubt a stressful event and you must make sure that the auto transport agents at A1 Auto Transport service do everything they can to ensure a safe and hassle-free transport.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Specific regulations and policies.
There are also some particular legal regulations that you’d have to abide by when you want to ship your car to Kenema. The documents that are going to be required for you to get your car cleared include:
- Original Bill of Sale.
- Title Certificate and Registration.
- Registration number, make, model and year, engine and chassis number of vehicle.
- Permit for residency in Sierra Leone.
- International Insurance.
- Driver’s License.
There are also quite a few factors which would impact the amount of taxes implemented by Sierra Leone Customs and can range between 5% and 110% of the value of the car. You’d also have to provide the following documentation if you are to ship your car to the country. These are required by your shipping agent prior to the process.
- Original Title.
- Social Security Card.
- Driver’s License.
- Power of attorney if not present for the picking of the car.
- Insurance Policy.
You’d also have to make sure that your agent has given you a complete quote of the shipping fees as well as delivery and pick-up fees. There are different regulations concerning the different shipping methods and your agent should discuss them with you. You can also get in touch with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency for any further information regarding different international shipping laws.
You can choose between three different shipping methods.
- Air Shipping Is the first one but this is overly expensive and not a lot of people can afford it. In any case, it’s the most convenient and fast way to go.
- Ro-Ro Shipping is by-far the most commonly used as it’s the cheapest. However, your car would be exposed to the elements as it’s driven on its wheels on a shipping deck and fastened in place there. You can’t ship any additional items and you have to make sure the vehicle is completely empty with nothing but its car jack, floor mats and spare tire in it.
- Container shipping is the third option and it’s offering a lot of value even though it’s more expensive than the Ro-Ro shipping. You can ship additional items and you can choose between 20ft and 40ft containers based on your particular needs. You can also share the container in order to split the cost in half.
A1 Auto Transport agents will advise you regarding the most appropriate shipping method and you can also arrange them to pick up your car at the port and deliver it to your home if you won’t be able to be there personally. You can get a lot of valuable information by contacting the Embassy of Sierra Leone in Washington, DC. They are going to provide you with a helping hand regarding adhering to regulations.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?