Kelo is located in the southwest portion of Chad and is the fifth largest city in Chad. It is the capital of the Department of Tandjile Ouest.
You may have your own reasons if you intend moving to the city of Kelo, but it is imperative to have your own vehicle as public transport leaves a lot to be desired.
In order to import your vehicle to Kelo, you will first need to provide an application for request for import to Chad. You will also need to provide lots of documents and pay the requisite shipping fees. You will also need to consider the weather when shipping to Chad because it is prone to frequent heavy rains and storms.
It is best if you have a four-wheel drive, if you want to drive in and around of the city as roads are unpaved and rugged. While driving, it’s important that you have your driver’s license, your passport, and your vehicle registration in the vehicle at all times. Police are authorized to pull over any vehicle, for a variety of reasons as there are highway bandits and checks are needed.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Motor Vehicle Regulations.
If you plan to transport your vehicle to Chad, you will need to understand the rules and regulations of Chad. The guidelines are very strict so it’s important to know that:
- A vehicle older than three years will not be allowed in the country
- A new vehicle have to submit duty base or the proof of ownership that you live in Chad
- Used or older vehicles are required to pay lower duty
- Import tax can run up to 60% of the evaluated value of the car. This will depend on the make, model, weight and brand of the car.
You will need to follow the guidelines based on the Chad Customs Authority. You will need to have the following documentation with you or at least copies of these documents:
- Registration documents.
- The original purchase invoice of the vehicle with chassis/engine number, cubic capacity, year of manufacture, the model of the vehicle.
- Original and copies of the purchase receipt.
- Non-sale certificate.
- Lien-free Title deed.
- Valid international or U.S driver’s license.
- Social Security Number.
- Importing license for a new vehicle.
- Power of Attorney for A1 Auto Transport, as your shipping agents.
Ways Of Auto Shipping.
The final quote and the total amount that you will pay for shipping will depend on the vehicle’s weight, distance, and method of shipment you choose. You may pick up your vehicle at the port yourself or you can hire A1 Auto Transport to do it on your behalf. You will need to know what type of shipping method works best for you. The main methods of shipping include:
Roll On/ Roll Off is a very convenient way to ship your vehicle. You will need to follow the rules and regulations when using this method. Your vehicle will be driven onto the deck of the ship and fastened down in a single car space on the deck of the ship. This is not only the simplest way to ship a vehicle but it is the most affordable way.
Container shipping is another option for shipping. This way of shipping is often chosen by those who have a car they want to preserve, luxury or classic. You can choose from a 20-foot container or a 40-foot container and you can share a container to save money. This method of shipping is the most expensive way to ship.
You can learn a lot about shipping to Chad by contacting the Embassy of Chad for more information.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?