Kecskemet is a town located in the central parts of Hungary. It is by far the 8th largest city in the country and it is approximately 86 kilometers away from the capital city of Budapest. If you want to relocate to the city, you might want to have your vehicle with you in order to ensure that you can enjoy the freedom of traveling at your own convenience.
However, in order to have the process simplified it might be helpful to have a Hungarian Residence Permit or if the vehicle that you want to import is owned by someone who has. It could significantly accelerate the process. However, the vehicles manufactured in the US are going to have to get modified.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Furthermore, it is always advantageous to get help from a reputable shipping agency such as the A1 Auto Transport. We have over 20 years of international shipping experience and we are certainly going to help you get through the hassle conveniently. Some of the regulations that you might want to abide by include:
- Your car has to be less than 4 years of age.
- If you have a catalytic converter you can get the vehicle imported duty-free but you need to have a valid residence permit.
- If your vehicle is older than 4 years you are going to have to pass an emission and environmental test. If you fail to pass you would have to get the car modified.
- You can apply for a local registration number only after you’ve paid all of the pending duties and taxes.
As it is with every international shipping process, you would have to provide a wide range of documents in order to get through the process effectively. You would have to provide them to the U.S. Customs and by Hungarian Customs. The documents include:
- Signed vehicle invoice.
- Proof of ID – Work or residence permit or a passport.
- Original papers of registration as well as title deed of the vehicle.
- Insurance to cover the shipping services.
- Guarantee issued by the bank (shipping agency is going to help you get it).
- Driver’s license from the US.
You will also have to let the U.S. Customs and Border Protection know about your intent to export the vehicle from the USA. As the country of Hungary is landlocked, your vehicle is going to be transported to the country of Croatia and transported by land to Hungary. There are border checks that will be done, and that’s why you must have copies of the aforementioned documents kept in the vehicle.
If you want to ensure a smooth import, you have to adhere to all of the requirements. You will have the option to choose between container shipping and RORO. Furthermore, if you have any need for other information, you can contact the Embassy of Hungary in Washington, DC.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory