Kazan is the largest city in Tatarstan within Russia. It ranks eighth in the most popular cities in Russia. It is near the Kazanka Rivers in the European Russia. If you plan to stay there for a while, you may want to consider bringing over your vehicle for easier travel.
You can ship your vehicle with minimal effort or requirements. Shipping a vehicle to Kazan from the U.S is simple but you will need to pay any duties that are required and show proper documentation when you come to customs. You will also need to comply with all policies in force and you can contact the Embassy of Russia if you need more information.
If you plan to import a vehicle, you will need to pay import tax which normally runs about 25% of the cars’ value. You will also need to pay the VAT of 18%. You will also be charged an annual vehicle tax as well and this tax is calculated depending upon the size of the engine. The more horsepower the car has, the more you will pay from one year to the next. When your vehicle arrives to port, you will need to be there to claim it as they will not hold the vehicle for you.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documents Needed to Export a Vehicle to Russia:
- VAT invoice or if you are applicable, an exemption form.
- Bill of lading.
- The title and registration to the vehicle you are importing.
- Purchase invoice showing ownership.
- Certified importation document from customs.
When you register your car in Russia, it doesn’t take long to do. You will be given a temporary registration that will allow you to drive in Russia for up to three months, or if you need longer, you can extend that date up to one year.
You cannot qualify for tax-exemptions on your import which will allow you to ship personal or commercial to Russia from the US. That is because there are no such laws. This option is only for diplomats from another country and any vehicle used for official business such as medical services or construction projects.
Shipping Options to Russia.
You can choose to have your vehicle imported to Russia by RO/RO method, Container method, or air shipping, however, the third option is very expensive so you may want to opt for the two. In case you opt to ship a vehicle using the Roll On/Roll Off method, the vehicle will need to be completely empty upon shipment. You will be able to leave the car’s jack, floor mats, and a spare tire but that is all.
Container shipping is another option if you have a lot to ship over to Russia in addition to your vehicle. Your possessions along with your vehicle is placed inside of a container and then loaded onto the ship. You can even share the cost with others to decrease the amount that comes out of your pocket.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?