Katowice is one of the fastest growing cities in Poland and it’s currently the center of the Metropolis of Silesia. It is the 16th most powerful city in the EU measured by GDP.
In any case, it’s incredibly valuable to have your own car in Katowice, imported from the USA if you want to navigate through rather quickly and want to stay independent. However, you have to file paperwork, prepare documents, abide by regulations and pay the necessary fees. You are also going to have to consider the weather conditions as the winters are incredibly harsh in Poland and it might be a good idea to ship through the summers.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You are going to have to provide a few documents in order for them to get verified so you can be granted legal right of access to Katowice. These documents include:
- Title deed.
- Bill of lading.
- Passport and driving license of the owner.
- Work or residence permit.
- Invoice of purchase.
Your car is going to get shipped to the Polish port of Gdynia and then it will be driven to Katowice. You have to know that Poland is a part of the EU and it has the same rules regulating taxes and fees. Diplomats are generally exempt from paying taxes and so are returning citizens. In any other case, you’d have to pay 10% in taxes and 23% VAT. There is also a border tax based on the capacity of your engine.
You have to submit proof of ownership to the Poland Customs Department that you have owned the car for at least 6 months prior to the shipping. You should also contact the department in order to get any additional information that may be relevant. With A1 Auto Transport service by your side, it will help you get the professional assistance you need.
Different Shipping Methods.
Container shipping is the first choice in front of you. You’d be given the opportunity to ship in 20ft or 40ft containers base upon your own preference and demand. Your car is going to be safely stored within it and you can use the remaining space for other personal belongings.
RORO is the next choice. It’s a lot cheaper but it’s also not that convenient if you want to ship other items are your car has to be completely empty and you can leave nothing but the floor mats, car jack and the spare tire. The vehicle would be secured on a shipping deck and left exposed to the elements. If you have queries or need more information about auto import, contact the Embassy of Poland in U.S.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?