Ship Your Car To Or From Kasserine, Tunisia
Located in Al Qasrayn, Tunisia, Kasserine is the largest city and is located 674 meters above sea level. The latitude is 35.17 and the longitude is 8.84 total.
While there is public transportation available, if you are visiting Tunisia, it is not always accessible like you may be used to in the United States. This delay in public transportation could cause you to be late for class or work or language barrier maybe preventing you from talking to those driving public transport.
Learn more about importing a vehicle to Tunisia.
If you plan to visit Kasserine, or live there, you may want to consider importing your own vehicle from USA, with you so you can come and go as you want to. While Toyotas are the most popular vehicle in the country due to the ease of finding replacement parts, any vehicle can be brought over as long as the rules and regulations are followed at all times. It is important to remember that the climate in Tunisia can be difficult on a vehicles wear and cause premature aging.
However, there are some aspects of importing a vehicle that has to be considered. You cannot do it alone completing the documentation and processes are complex. Thus, you can ship a vehicle using the services of the leading international shipping service, A1 Auto Transport. With over two decades in the business of shipping vehicles all over the world, we can assist you through the complete process. The cost of a standard shipment runs between $1,200 and $3,800 depending on the size of the vehicle as well as the vehicle type- SUV or RV. However, we can offer you a custom quote after evaluation of your requirements.
To ensure that your vehicle is not delayed or stuck at the customs in U.S. or at Tunisia Customs Authority, it is essential to have your ownership and vehicle registration documents submitted beforehand. Some of these include:
- Title deed of the vehicle
- Bill of purchase of the car
- Bill of Lading
- Copy of Owner’s passport and visa
- Vehicle’s insurance documents
You will need to submit one set in USA and one in Tunisia so that the documentation is verified in time.
Car Inspection before Overseas Transportation
Your vehicle will need to be inspected prior to shipment. The shipping agent will inspect your vehicle for scratches, dents, or anything that would be a sign of wear and tear on the vehicle. Pictures will need to be taken in order to verify the condition of the vehicle as well as documentation with specific details. Once it is delivered in Kasserine, it will be inspected again. If there are any car fluid leaks of coolant, oil, or battery fluid, the owner of the vehicle will be charged for the clean up expense. It is important that your vehicle be prepared before it is boarded in order to avoid these additional costs. To prepare your vehicle, you will need to do the following:
- Remove any fluids that may be flammable inside the expansion tank
- Remove or disable any anti-theft devices installed
- Cover any tear and opening found on your vehicle
- Wash your vehicle thoroughly in order to remove the dirt and grime
- Fold the mirrors in to avoid them hitting any object on the way
Methods of Shipping
The method of shipping will affect how much your final bill will be for your import.
- Roll On/ Roll Off shipping method is the most affordable way to ship your vehicle and is easy to arrange. The vehicle is driven onto the deck of the ship and you only pay for the bay it is placed in for transport. This method of shipping requires that the vehicle be completely cleaned out prior to shipment.
- Container shipping method is another option and may be something you want to consider if you have an expensive luxury ride, you own a classic vehicle, or you plan to move and want to ship your personal items with your vehicle to receive everything at once.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.