The city of Kaolack in Senegal is located on the northern side of the Saloum River and is known for the extensive processing center and retail market for peanut trading. It is also the administrative center of the Kaolack Region.
The largest port in Senegal is Port of Dakar. If you want to ship a vehicle over to Senegal, you will need to ship it to this port. Then it will be driven down to Kaolack which is situated about 135 miles away.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Means of freight transportation.
There are basically three different ways to import a vehicle to Senegal. However, there are two that are more practical. Air shipping is the least chosen method of shipping a vehicle to Senegal due to its expense. There are a few factors that will influence how much you pay for shipping your vehicle from the United States to Senegal; door-to-port option and port-to-port service.
You will also need to determine what type of shipping you are most interested in; Roll On/ Roll Off or Container. RORO is the least expensive method while container shipping allows you to ship more and possibly split the room and the cost with someone else. You also need to take into consideration the weather when you want to ship your vehicle and if you choose the RORO method; your vehicle will be exposed to all the weather elements and conditions. There are a few other rules when choosing the ship your vehicle by RORO method.
- Keep the gas tank down to 1/4.
- Steam clean the vehicle.
- Remove all personal items from the car.
- Remove the air conditioning gasses.
- Only keep a spare tire, floor mats, and an extra set of keys in your car during transport.
There are benefits to choosing the container shipping method. It can help you take along other household items with your vehicle, your vehicle is protected from the weather and any chance of theft, and you have two container sizes to choose from; 20 foot or 40 foot. You can also cut back your expenses by finding someone to share the container with.
As per international imports, the law laid down by the Customs Department of Senegal includes submission of documents that validate the transportation. Be sure to have the following documentation with you when you apply for importing:
- Insurance proof.
- Proof of ownership.
- Car title.
- Import Declaration or DPI.
- Certificate of Registration.
- Purchase receipt.
- Insurance for Senegal.
In addition, you should know that you are only allowed to import one vehicle per family and you can import new or used vehicles to Senegal. To learn more about regulations and importing instructions, you can contact the Embassy of Senegal.
After the import.
Once your vehicle is transported to Senegal, you will need to make sure you take every step to get your vehicle legal. You will need to understand the rules and regulations of driving the vehicles in Senegal. You cannot drive without knowing the rules. Additionally, you will need to get the vehicle registered locally if you intend staying here permanently or for a couple of years.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory