Kanye is a town which is located in the southern parts of Botswana. It is also the administrative center of the Southern District and it was founded by European settlers back in 1853.
If you need to import your vehicle to Botswana, you need to account that there are quite a few things to be aware of. You need to know that the road conditions are rather rough, and that’s why you might want to have a four-wheel drive with you during your stay here. Only about 25% of the roads are paved which creates additional complications.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
With comparatively easy shipping laws, importing your vehicle might not be an issue. However, as per the Botswana Customs Department, there are quite a few provisions that you need to abide by but not a lot of restrictions to be aware of. Some of the regulations include:
- Submit An IC.2 Form is mandatory.
- You need to have a registration that shows that you’ve owned it for at least a year.
- You need an import permit issued by the Commerce Committee.
- A bill of sale with the price of the vehicle.
- A CE101 form in two copies.
- Valid passport.
- Clearance certification issued by the police.
The regular vehicles can get exported for a price ranging between $1,800 and $3,900 based on the distance and the size of the car. All vehicles are required to pay a National Road Safety Fund tax which is $4.52. This tax is going to expire at the end of the year and you need to pay it again. You can also contact the Embassy of Botswana for further information.
Of course, apart from the aforementioned regulations, you’d also have to consider quite a few documents and submit them to the authorities. These documents include but are not limited to:
- Title and registration.
- Bill of Sale in original.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Social Security Card.
- The power of Attorney if you aren’t present to get your car.
These documents will be needed by both the U.S Customs and the Botswana Revenue Authority.
Before the shipping-
Before the shipping, you need to get a finalized quote for the entire process. You need to ensure that your vehicle is properly cleaned in order to avoid any quarantine check-ups and delays. What is more, you need to account for the cost of the shipment but in order to do that, you need to figure out which transportation method you are going to use. You have two options in front of you – Roll on/Roll off and container shipping.
Both of them have merits, depending on your particular need and requirements. If you want to ship your vehicle without any personal belongings then RORO is without a doubt your best bet. Your vehicle six driven over to the ship’s deck using its own wheels. You are not allowed to leave any personal possessions within the car expect the spare tire, floor mats, extra keys and some fuel.
On the other hand, if you have a lot of personal items that you need in Botswana, then you should opt for Container shipping. You can put all your things and the car within a 20 feet or 40 feet container and then it is sealed.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?