Kallithea is located in Greece and is the largest municipality in the country. Kallithea is the fourth biggest city in Athens urban sector and lies about two miles south of the main city of Athens city center and is about is two miles northeast of the city of Piraeus.
Since Greece is so popular, it’s easy to see why so many like to call it home. Importing vehicles is a common here and because of that, it’s not all that expensive compared to other countries. For most, a cost to ship a vehicle can run at $1300 to $3700, of course, this will depend on a few factors including your method of shipping.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping to Greece.
Greece is well known for its public transportation and commuting is fairly easy to do however having your own personal vehicle is also a great idea because you can go when and where you want. If you want to make Kallithea your permanent location, you will need your vehicle to get around more quickly. You can ship your car from the United States to Greece without any issues. The port you can choose to ship your vehicle to the Port of Piraeus; it is the largest passenger port in Europe. You will, however, need to make sure that you have all the necessary paperwork in order to keep the process moving. A1 Auto Transport Service can assist you in obtaining all the necessary paperwork for both customs to clear your vehicle.
Using a Vehicle as Visitors.
If you plan to stay for an extended period of time, you may bring over your car or recreational vehicle or even your motorcycle for a period of six months. During that time, you will not be allowed to sell your vehicle or allow anyone other than your family members drive the vehicle. You will need to show the license plate, the current registration, and proof of insurance to officials as you enter the city in Greece. If the license plate expires while you are in Greece, you will need to apply for a temporary one to do.
New Citizens have Rules to Follow.
If you are moving to Greece permanently, you will need to import your vehicle without paying any duty because it will be considered part of your household goods. You may have to show proof of residency percent when you enter Kallithea. You will also be able to apply for permits from the Greek Consulate located in the United States. If you are from Greece, married to a Greece citizen, or if you have a permanent job in Greece, you will qualify. However, you will need to show that at least two years of permanent residence in the United States or another country. Other considerations include:
- Your vehicle will need to be purchased at least six months prior to your import.
- New vehicles will be subject to VAT payments and any fees for license plate and registration,
- Those who bring cars over duty-free to Greece will not be able to seek their vehicle for at least one year after they have imported it unless they pay all necessary duties.
Documents To Validate Import.
- A W-2 form/ IT return.
- Rent Receipts/ Property Tax.
- Past employment proof.
- Valid and expired passports of you and your family members that will be living in Greece.
- Work permit, residency, Greek citizenship proof.
- Valid insurance policy.
- Driver’s license.
- Vehicle registration.
Get the Tax ID Card.
You will need to show your AFM card in order to claim your vehicle once it is released. This card is used for opening a bank account and making tax payments. You will want to apply for it as soon as you arrive here. Filling out the form is very simple and you will need to bring your passport and a copy of your birth certificate with you.
Inspecting your Vehicle.
Your vehicle will need to undergo emissions, noise, and general inspection. This will need to be done before you will be allowed to drive it on the roads. You can then apply for a Greek license plate and registration. You can learn more about the regulations and import rules by checking with the Ministry of Infrastructure, Transport, and Network.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory