Do you want to Export your vehicle to Jost Van Dyke from the United States?
Shipping A Car To Jost Van Dyke.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping a car to Jost Van Dyke (part of the British Virgin Islands) usually costs between $1,500 and $4,300.
- Shipping from a U.S. port in Florida makes the trip considerably shorter and more cost-effective.
Jost Van Dyke is the smallest of the four main islands that comprise the British Virgin Islands (BVI). There is no airport on the island, but it is home to one of the busiest ports in all of the BVI- Great Harbour. Because of its small size, walking is the most popular form of transportation around the island. However, it is very hilly, so it is not advisable for those with disabilities. There are taxis available, but they operate very erratically and are not very reliable. Shipping your vehicle can be expensive due to the high cost of duty fees and the shipping charges involved, so please do the research and make sure that bringing your vehicle with you is the best option. A quote from a reputable auto transport company can help aid you in your decision.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Jost Van Dyke.
- US Driver's License.
- US Passport.
- Vehicle Title.
- Current Registration.
- Bill of Lading (if available)
Order of Operations:
- Your vehicle's first stop upon arriving will be the Customs Department at which point you can expect to pay 20% in duty fees based on the value of your vehicle.
- You must then have the vehicle insured before taking it to the DMV.
- At the DMV, the vehicle will undergo a comprehensive inspection procedure that will include checking the lights, horn, brakes, windshield wipers, windshield, tires, exhaust system, rearview and side mirrors, doors, windows, and seat belts to ensure all parts are operational and in good working condition. At this point, you will be responsible for paying a nominal fee to license, aka register, your vehicle in the British Virgin Islands.
- Within 30 days of your arrival, you must personally return to the DMV to obtain a BVI driver's license for which you will need to pass a written and simple road test first.
Please be aware that import rules and regulations are constantly changing, so it will always be in your best interest to first contact directly the Jost Van Dyke Customs Department at (284)494-3450 to ensure you have the most current information available.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.