Jonkoping is a city in Sweden which has its location south of the largest lake of the country – Vattern. It has a district court and is the center of Swedish National Courts Administration. It is also the administrative center of the Agriculture Board of Sweden.
There are a lot of employment opportunities and a potential for business and proper education which drives a lot of people to the city. This is one of the reasons for which a vast number of expatriates call the city their home. In any case, when you are already there you might want to have your own vehicle for convenient traveling around the city. Importing a vehicle from USA is relatively easy as the laws are pretty clear. There are no language barriers as the English is perfectly spoken in the entire country. It is, however, imperative to work with a reputable shipping service in order to ensure a hassle-free process. A1 Auto Transport service has years of shipping experience and can offer you a helping hand in the matter.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There is a lot of paperwork needed by the Swedish Customs that has to be taken care of and these are just some of the things that you’d have to present:
- Driving License issued in the US.
- Passport and a valid photo ID.
- Bill of Sale.
- Title deed.
- Insurance policy.
- Swedish temporary insurance.
The owner of the car has to be present in order to get clearance from the customs. There are also other requirements and a 25% VAT which is imposed over and above all other duties and levies. Other requirements include:
- You have to have owned the vehicle for 12 months prior to the shipping.
- You have to declare that it’s for personal use.
- You can only import if you’ve never imported a car as tax free in the previous three years in Sweden.
- If you are going to relocate for a long-term basis you need to have relevant documentations for staying in the country for more than 3 months.
- You can’t sell the car for a year.
The first and most popular option is the Roll-On and Roll-Off Service while the other one is Container shipping. The first method would require your car to be manually driven on a shipping deck of the freight carrier where it would securely be strapped and transported. You won’t be able to ship additional belongings but that’s why it’s the cheapest way to go and also the fastest water-based shipping option. The container shipping method is more appropriate if your car is more valuable and you have other belongings to ship. You can choose between a 20ft and 40ft container based on your requirements and you can also share said container with a third party in order to reduce the costs in half.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?