Jonava is one of the largest cities in Lithuania. It is situated within the limits of Kaunas County, the central part of Lithuania, just nineteen miles north east of Kaunas which is known as the second largest city in Lithuania.
If you want to move to Lithuania or plan to stay there for a while, you may want to consider your transportation options. You could rely on public transport which may or may not be dependable or you can consider bringing your vehicle from the U.S and drive when you want to, wherever you want to. If you want to import your vehicle, you will need to consider the Lithuanian Customs requirements of importing your vehicle before you begin. You will also need to pay all customs duties and fees.
Modern Lithuania has grown over the years, mainly in part because of the development of the tourism industry and imported goods, and ultimately more employment opportunities. While some tourist comes in for a temporary visit, others decide to stay there for a while and that is why it’s important that importing options stay available.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Work with an experienced international auto shipper.
When planning your trip to Lithuania, you will need to hire a professional shipping service like A1 Auto Transport service to get the most out of your shipping adventure. With the knowledge put into over twenty years, A1 Auto Transport Service will know exactly what to do and what to expect during transit. Another factor to consider is the shipping laws and customs regulations. These are strict and must be adhered to. A1 Auto Transport Service knows these laws and rules and will keep up with them so your vehicle is not delayed due to not following procedure.
Specific Lithuanian rules and regulations.
When importing a vehicle to Lithuania, here are some general rules that you should be aware of:
- Cars that are under seven years old will be subject to a 10% duty and 18% VAT.
- Cars over seven years old will be subject to over 18% VAT.
- Customs will be able to determine the value of your car by searching a book of car values if the vehicle doesn’t look like it books what it should.
- Use the minimum value amount to calculate taxes.
When preparing your vehicle for import, you will need to provide the following documentation:
- Protocol Department Application.
- Document of lawful ownership.
- Vehicle registration – the original.
- Third-party vehicle insurance.
- Owner’s identity document to register a vehicle.
- Copy of customs clearance declaration.
You can obtain a list of requirements by contacting Lithuanian Embassy in USA. You can learn the latest laws, procedures, and learn hints and tips to improve your importing experience.
Before your vehicle can ship, you need to make sure that there is nothing left inside the vehicle. If anything is left behind, it could be quarantined. You will also need to steam clean the vehicle inside and out in order to prevent being quarantined. If you have an air conditioner, you need to remove the gases through a professional. If you are not sure what to do or not to do to prepare your vehicle for transport, you can contact the U.S Federal Regulations Code Title 19. You will also need to pay all fees, taxes, and customs duty that are due when your import is ready to go.
You can choose to have your vehicle shipped inside of an enclosed container or you can use the Roll On/ Roll off method. With the Roll On/ Roll Off method, your car is driven onto the deck of the ship and using safety harnesses, it is secured for the trip. If you choose the container shipping method, your vehicle will be placed inside the container and then sealed before it’s loaded onto the deck of the ship and secured for the trip. An enclosed container is more expensive then the RORO method.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory