Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Jinan
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Jinan is a city which is formerly known as Tsinan and it’s the acting capital of the Shandong province in the eastern parts of the country. It is an important area which has a crucial role in the overall history of this particular region.
It has played its part from the earliest bits of civilization. Of course, the city has since evolved and become one of the most influential administrative, transportation and economic hubs of the country.
The truth is that the process for exporting a vehicle to China is rather challenging. Instead of dealing with all the hassle yourself, you should trust the A-1 Auto Transport service to handle everything instead. The company has over 20 years worth of international shipping experience and can handle everything promptly and effectively.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You would have to choose the method of transportation by yourself. You can choose between:
- Ro/Ro – this method requires you to drive the car on the cargo ship on a specifically designated platform where it’s going to be secured for the journey. This is the fastest and cheapest way of water-bound transportation.
- Container shipping – this would involve your vehicle being placed within a sealed container. You can also ship all sorts of belongings, which is pretty convenient. It’s more expensive than Ro/Ro shipping but it also offers increased protection.
Customs at Jinan.
It’s worth noting that used as well as refurbished auto parts aren’t allowed in the country. What is more, used vehicles are subjected to restrictions. You can’t import motorcycles, diesel engine cars as well as vehicles with right hand drive. China has specific rules of import and some of them include:
- Only left-hand drive cars are allowed.
- You can’t import diesel cars except for jeeps.
- The engine displacement is the main factor when calculating the tax. Keep in mind that the vehicle is considered a luxury good so higher taxes may apply.
- You have to be present at the date of the delivery.
It’s also recommended that you comply with the regulations for noise and exhaust emissions. You have to declare that it’s compliant in the Air Pollution Control and Regulation and Noise Control.
- You should first get in touch with us to get a quote. You can also arrange convenient services like door-to-port and many others.
- We will help you get all the necessary documents. Shipping time would be based on a lot of factors, including the method you choose.
- You have to get a Customs Declaration along with an Import Return, Declaration Form and submit them to the China Customs and Excise Department. This is done through the MVFRT website.
- The department is going to issue a notification and you would need that for registration at the Ministry of Transport in China.
- You have to arrange vehicle examination because some vehicles might be exempt from compliance.
- Submit the application form with the required documentation to register your car.
Final steps and Paperwork.
Apart from all that, you would have to prepare the following documents:
- Proof of age of the vehicle.
- Application and declaration of the import cargo.
- The invoice which states value of purchase.
The final steps would require you to get the following done:
- Brakes have to be working.
- The fuel tank should only have ¼ of gas.
- Get all personal belongings out if you use Ro/Ro shipping.
- The vehicle alarms will need to be disabled. All exterior accessories such as bike racks must be removed.
- Your vehicle must be cleaned both inside and outside before you can begin the process of loading the vehicle. If you don’t follow these rules, your vehicle could possibly be quarantined.