Jalalabad is located at the junction of the Kunar River as well as the Kabul River while the Laghman Valley is very close to this junction. Jalalabad is the capital of Nangarhar Province. You will find 95 miles of highway just west of Kabul.
Jalalabad is the second largest city located east of Afghanistan and is in the center of the social and business section due to the fact that it borders Pakistan; the main source of products into Afghanistan.
Since Afghanistan is landlocked, and because the terrain there is very rugged and public transportation is not something you can count on regularly, you may want to bring over your own vehicle so you can get around easier. You will avoid the difficult situation when trying to talk to someone regarding public transport when you can't speak the language.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Jalalabad
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Jalalabad||$275||$2900||29+5 days|
|Jalalabad to (California port) to Los Angeles||$350||$3100||39+5 days|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Jalalabad||$450||$3100||39+5 days|
|Jalalabad to (California port) to Portland, OR||$475||$3100||39+6 days|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Jalalabad||$550||$3100||39+6 days|
|Jalalabad to (New York port) to Columbus, OH||$550||$2900||29+5 days|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Jalalabad||$575||$2900||29+6 days|
|Jalalabad to (New York port) to Chicago, IL||$675||$2900||29+6 days|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Jalalabad||$925||$2900||29+7 days|
|Jalalabad to (California port) to Dallas, TX||$1,025||$3100||39+7 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle. *Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port. *Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents. *Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving. *Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Limitations on Importing to Afghanistan.
Vehicles do have several limitations when importing. Diplomats and foreigners that have work permits or resident visas can bring their vehicles over. Levies are paid at 25% of the value of the vehicle. Diplomats are immune to paying these duties and taxes for importing a personal vehicle to Afghanistan.
A1 Auto Transport will be able to assist you in importing your vehicle from the United States into Afghanistan. Not only will they assist you in submitting the right documentation to the right department, U.S Customs and Border Protection, but they will also help you to submit it to Afghan Custom officials located in Kandahar. Some of the documents you will need include:
- Title to the vehicle.
- Registration to the vehicle.
- Detailed purchase bill.
- Shipping documents.
- Insurance proof.
- Bill of Lading.
- Proof of ownership - such as a passport.
- S driver's license.
Exemption from Taxes.
To be eligible for exemption of taxes, you must be a diplomat. You will need to provide proof of your eligibility of exemption and submit a few documents such as:
- Tax exemption form.
- Letter from the Embassy.
- A requested letter for customs clearance issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Afghan Ministry of Finance.
You must expect delays because there is so much red tape and political turmoil to get through. The rules enforced by laws are constantly changing and procedures for diplomats could take a week or more. A1 Auto Transport can work hard to get your vehicle over to you with minimal delays. You will need to submit all the necessary paperwork to A1 Auto Transport Service first so they have everything they need to represent you. You will need to be present when your vehicle arrives at the port.
Methods of Transport.
When shipping a vehicle to Afghanistan, you will have two choices as to the method of transport. Since Afghanistan is landlocked, you will need to pick up the vehicle in Pakistan or Iran and then drive it to Afghanistan. You may want to choose to bring it to Afghanistan by means of a multi-carrier. You can also take your vehicle further by way of barrage shipping through the Amu Darya River.
When your vehicle leaves the port in the United States, you will either have it aboard the deck of a ship by way of Roll On/ Roll Off method or by Container. Roll On/ Roll Off method of shipping is the most affordable way to ship a vehicle. It is driven onto the deck of a ship and held in place until it arrives at the designated port. You will only be allowed to keep your keys, the jack, and a spare tire inside the vehicle at all times.
Container Shipping is the most secure way to ship a vehicle and some personal or household items. Your vehicle will be completely protected from weather conditions as well as any collision damage. You can choose from a 20 foot or 40-foot container.
You can learn more about shipping to Afghanistan by contacting the Embassy of Afghanistan.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇮🇶 Iraq, (IQ)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇮🇶 Iraq, (IQ)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- Car Shipping To Or From Port of Ponce, Puerto RicoShip Car To AalborgShip Car To AarhusShip Car To AbbotsfordShip Car To AbéchéShip Car To AberdeenShip Car To AbhaShip Car To AbidjanShip Car To AboboShip Car To Abomey-CalaviShip Car To AbovyanShip Car To Abu DhabiShip Car To Abū GhuraybShip Car To AcapulcoShip Car To AccraShip Car To AcharnesShip Car To AdamaShip Car To AdanaShip Car To Adda-DoueniShip Car To Addis AbabaShip Car To AdelaideShip Car To AdenShip Car To AfghanistanShip Car To AgadezShip Car To Aguascalientes
- What A Pet Mover Does“Uber” for Kids?$500 Auto Transport | Finding Affordable Shippers10 Important Areas You Need To Know Around Your Neighborhood10 Questions To Ask An Auto Transport Company2016 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally2016 Utah International Auto Expo25 Years Old Cars: Import into the U.S.3 Tips for Getting Discount Auto Transport3 Tips For Moving Back To School3 Tips When Shipping Your Motorcycle5 Free Auto Shipping Quotes5 Great Additions You Can Add To Your Home’s Outdoors 5 Major Issues That Could Turn Your Move Upside Down5 Things You Never Knew About American Auto Transport5 Tips For Buying a Used Car5 Tips On How To Put Your Used Packing Materials To Good Use5 Ways to Ensure Your Car Delivery Is A Pleasant One5 Ways to Find a Real Professional Auto Transport Company5 ways to tell that your new house is now organized5 Worst Pickup Trucks of All Time6 Different Ways To Meet Your New Neighbors6 Gift Ideas For Your New Neighbors6 Great Ways To Get Involved In Your New Community6 Reasons Why You Should Keep Your House Organized
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August