When planning to ship a vehicle to Jaipur you need to take into consideration all facts concerning international shipping. You will have documents that will be required, as well as fees that will have to be paid prior to shipping as well as when the vehicle reaches customs. You should pay close attention to the weather conditions in Jaipur. Jaipur has a tumultuous monsoon season and roadways can wash out easily and make travel very difficult for drivers, especially those who may not be used to the monsoon weather. It is also a semiarid climate and rains frequently throughout many months of the year.
Documents you will need
When you talk to the agent at the international auto transport company they will fully explain the required documents and paperwork that you will need to provide to them before you can have your vehicle shipped internationally. Unlike shipping a vehicle between States in the U.S., you will have much more paperwork to fill out and obligations to uphold for shipping. The auto transport company will require you to provide the following documents to them:
- Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Vehicle Title
- Vehicle Insurance Certificate
- Power of Attorney Affidavit
The agent will explain to you any other documents they may need as well as provide you with the paperwork they need to be filled out prior to shipping. If you need your vehicle to be picked up and delivered to the exit port or picked up and delivered when it arrives in Jaipur, they will assist you with scheduling that service as well. For a list of Major U.S. Shipping Ports, you can follow this link. The agent will explain to you anything that you will need to do to the car to prepare it for shipping internationally. Depending on the type of shipping you opt for, you may need to have your vehicle steam cleaned and remove all personal items from the inside.
Customs in Jaipur will also require specific documents to be provided for clearance into the City of Jaipur and be sure that you have everything necessary will save time during the clearance checkpoints when the vehicle arrives. Jaipur will not allow vehicles older than four years to be imported.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
In order for your vehicle to clear Customs your vehicle must be able to pass the following requirements:
- Cars must be within 4 years old
- You must pay duty fees unless you have Diplomatic status and have had the fees exempted by the Indian Ministry of External Affairs
- If you have a new car, it can only be imported from the country of origin
- Left handed steering vehicles are not permitted to be imported to any State or City in India
Customs will also require the following paperwork:
- Car Title
- Driver’s License
- Bill of Sale
- Car Insurance Certificate
For further information on documents, you may need when shipping to Jaipur you can contact the U.S Customs and Border Protection Agency or the Embassy of India in Washington, DC and they can direct you to information that you may need. Before you ship your vehicle make sure that your agent gives you total quote showing all cost for shipping as well as for pick-up and delivery if you will need that. You will want to have a total quote from the shipper before the vehicle is loaded at the port. Please note that when your vehicle arrives at the customs port, you will have 15 to days to pick it up if shipped by air and 30 days if shipped by sea. You must be present in person to pick your cargo up and have customs check it.
The best ways to ship your vehicle to Jaipur are RoRo Shipping where your vehicle is driven onto the cargo ship and secured in place for the international voyage. RoRo Shipping is the most efficient way to ship overseas. For those who need to ship household goods with their vehicle, Container Shipping is the best way to ship overseas. Your vehicle, as well as any household goods, will be loaded into a container and then loaded onto a freight ship for the trip overseas. You can also use Air Shipping. Shipping by air is an excellent choice for those who need to have their vehicle arrive very quickly.
If you would like more information on international shipping you can go to the Federal Maritime Commission website for valuable overseas shipping information.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?