A city in Palestine, Jabalia is under the rule of the Hamas Administration as per the North Gaza governance. It is about 2.5 miles from the Gaza City and is a bustling region. Considering the politically unstable situation in Gaza, it is essential to know that driving in West Bank is comparatively safe and thus, having your own vehicle can be an asset. However, it is best to have comprehensive vehicle insurance that covers your vehicle during the stay in Gaza Strip.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The first step is to call A1 Auto Transport service as they are experienced with shipping vehicles to Palestine which can be a tedious task when you are exporting from USA. Your vehicle will be shipped out to Port of Giza and then driven over to Jabalia. However, there is a list of documents that you need to submit before the vehicle can be transported overseas. These are:
- Original vehicle title.
- Driving license.
- S insurance.
- Social security card copies of the owner.
- Signed Power Of Attorney if you cannot be there to receive the vehicle.
Although there is free-trade agreement between US and Palestine, still there are import regulations to consider. Here is a quick look at it:
- Vehicles no older than 3 years can be imported.
- Have a valid license to import.
- Have original title deed.
- Get the approval from General Petroleum Corporation to get gas.
- Approval of Ministry of Transportation.
- Import license from the government administration.
There are taxes that are applicable which are calculated on the CIF or insurance, cost of the vehicle and freight fees. There is an additional 16% VAT on the car value. The cars that are imported are carted from the port using the specially licensed Israeli trucks which have yellow license plates. Some Palestine trucks are also used which have been approved and have a special transport permit.
To know more about the car import laws, you can browse more at PIPA laws. Before the vehicle is exported from USA, you or the shipping agent has to notify the U.S. Customs about the intent to ship the vehicle overseas. Additionally, the Customs officials will be able to inform you about the latest changes and updates in the regulations.
Cost of the shipment.
A1 Auto Transport service will provide you with a written quote, which ensures that you are aware of the total cost which includes transportation, import duties and other freight charges as applicable to Palestine. The method of shipment also affects the cost of the transportation. You can choose from these two methods of shipment:
- Roll-on/Roll-Off: It is the cheapest method of shipment and the most common way to transporting the vehicle to Palestine. The vehicle is driven on the ship deck and secured in the bay. When it reaches the Port of Gaza, it will be driven off and the custom formalities completed. You are not allowed to keep anything personal, remove air conditioning gas and leave the car jack and spare tire inside.
- Container shipping: Using this method is safer for your vehicle. Your car or any other vehicle that you are shipping is put within 20 feet/40 feet containers and sealed along with any personal goods that you need shipped.
For better and more detailed information about the import laws and regulations, contact the Embassy of Palestine.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.