Irbid is considered to be the most Westernized city amongst all other Arab cities and that’s why there are a lot of students and workers as well as expatriates in the city. There are a lot of regulations that make importing into Jordan from the USA rather difficult and that’s what might lead you to think that hiring a reputable car shipping service is a good idea.
The A1 Auto Transport service is well aware of the regulations set forth by the Jordan Customs Department which consider the company to be one of the trusted international shipping agencies and thus it paves the way for a hassle-free process.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Eligibility and documentation.
The regulations tend to change rather frequently in Jordan and that’s why only new vehicles with no mileage to them can get cleared at the Port of Aqaba. However, used vehicles get cleared by the Bureau Veritas at the Free zone of Zaraqa. There are also strict emission laws and if your vehicle fails to pass them it will have to be modified prior to getting cleared by the Ministry of Transport. After all the tests are properly cleared you have to pay the duties and the levies prior to being able to get your car from the authorities. There are also some quite important documents that have to be prepared such as:
- Bill of Lading.
- Title deed.
- Insurance policy.
- Original Purchase Invoice.
- Ownership Proof.
- Driver’s License.
Before you ship from the USA
You are legally obliged to contact the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency and let them know of your intention to ship your car to Irbid and you’d have to submit a lot of documentation which certify that the car is eligible for this kind of shipping. You would also have to be well aware of the environment standards as if you fail them you’d have to get your car modified. When you work with the A1 Auto Transport service we are going to take care of absolutely everything.
In order to make sure that you don’t get quarantined, you have to undertake the following steps:
- Steam clean the car thoroughly.
- Remove the gas of the air conditioning and all of your belongings.
- Keep only ¼ of a gas tank full.
- Keep a spare set of keys, your spare tire, floor mats and a car jack.
There are different shipping methods, including air shipping, which is, however, overly expensive. That’s why people prefer RORO (Roll-on/Roll-off) and container shipping as they are far more affordable. The RORO option is the cheapest. However, you won’t be allowed to ship personal belongings with your car.
The container shipping, on the other hand, is a lot more convenient if you want to ship other belongings with you. You can choose between a 20ft and 40ft container based on your needs. At the same time, if you want to split the costs in two you can always share it. You can always contact the Embassy of Jordan for any further information.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?