One of the most panoramic towns in Austria, Innsbruck is situated in the state of Tyrol. It is situated midway between Verona in Italy and Munich in Germany. If you are moving to Innsbruck to reside, work or study, it would help to drive your own vehicle here as it is convenient. There are many guidelines and specific regulations that have to be adhered to when you are importing a vehicle to Innsbruck. This will ensure legality and security of the vehicle. As Austria is a part of the European Union, emission laws are very stringent.
When you are thinking about shipping your car to Innsbruck, it is good to find a reliable and trusted international shipping service that has a good record of transporting vehicles to EU. A1 Auto Transport service has been shipping cars and other vehicles world over. We are conversant with the regulations at Austria and can help you get the various processes completed and Customs cleared. Our team of capable shipping agents and vehicle transporters, your vehicle will reach you safely in Innsbruck.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Duties and documents for vehicle import.
There are no import duties when you are transferring the vehicle from another European country on a temporary basis, you will only need a license plate transfer and insurance while you drive around in Austria. But there are plenty of documents that have to be submitted, if you intend importing the vehicle permanently. These include:
- Registration levy and NOVA tax.
- Insurance certificate.
- Bill of Lading (BOL).
- Emission certificate.
- Original purchase invoice of the car.
Importing the car from USA.
However, when you are shipping your vehicle from USA, rules on import and registration differ. Apart from the standard documents, you will need to file the T1 consignment note and declaration about the import. The documents have to be submitted so that the value of the vehicle is conclusive. Additionally, you will need to pay the varied levies and custom duties on the vehicle as applicable under Austrian Custom and Excise law at Innsbruck. Some of the taxes include:
- 10% duty based on the current vehicle’s value.
- 20% turnover import tax.
- Standard NOVA or the consumption standard tax.
Austria has strict rules about importing vehicles from USA. It is essential that all US-made vehicles are modified and converted as per the EU codified specifications. This is needed to meet the regulations set by Austrian Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology. These are in the area of emissions, roadworthiness, noise and light. If your vehicles do not meet the criteria yet, it is better to find out the requirements directly from the Embassy of Austria.
You can also contact A1 Auto Transport service to get a free quote and know more about the vehicle compliances that need to be done, before the vehicle is shipped out.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?