A prominent city in Oman, Ibri in situated within the Al Dhahirah governate. t can be found approximately two hundred eighty kilometers south west of Muscat, near UAE.
Ibri is not located by the sea, so if you plan to ship your vehicle over to Oman, you will need to go to Sohar, the closest costal city. It is about one hundred eighty kilometers northwest of Ibri. Shipping a vehicle can take a lot of time and patience but if you have A1 Auto Transport Service working with you, it can make this task much easier and less complicated.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Temporary import of vehicle.
This is a very important aspect to work with a trusted and reliable shipping service and A1 Auto Transport has over twenty years of experience in importing vehicle internationally so it’s important to choose a company that knows what they are doing. Oman allows residents and non-residents to import a single vehicle only. You can import a vehicle on a temporary basis and be granted temporary import permits that is based on the following:
- If the vehicle is secured by the permit you used to import it or an international passage register. You may import it for six months’ maximum.
- If you do not have an international passage register, then you can ship for three months.
- You may want to import it for three months, pay the insurance which equals the import duty and taxes for the total.
- The shipper must have a good standing record with no misdemeanor charges on record.
Requisite import documentation.
Documentation must be presented to both the U.S Customs and Oman Customs otherwise your vehicle cannot leave or enter the port. Your documents will be used to verify your information. Documentation includes:
- International passage register.
- Vehicle registration.
- Vehicle title.
- Oman vehicle insurance.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Bill of Lading.
- Receipts for any taxes paid.
Students and foreigners in Ibri are able to renew their temporary status on imported vehicle as long as they are able to qualify for and get the International Passage Register. Imports are subject to import duties and additional VAT. You can talk to A1 Auto Transport Service to get a free shipping quote that includes the cost of shipping and all taxes related to your import. Another factor to consider when calculating your charges would be the method at which you will ship your vehicle. You have the choice of air shipping your vehicle. While this is the absolute most expensive way to ship your vehicle there, it is also the quickest way to ship. Roll On/ Roll Off shipping is the most affordable way to ship your vehicle by way of the ocean. Container shipping is rather expensive but provides more security to your vehicle.
If you choose the Roll On/ Roll Off method of shipping, your vehicle will need to be completely empty of any personal belongings. Air conditioning gasses must be emptied out. The car will be driven onto the ship deck where it is secured and driven off at the Oman Port. You will need to pay only for the bay your vehicle occupies.
Container shipping is a great way to send over any household items you may need, especially if you are moving. You will not be able to import illegal items to Oman so a list of items being sent will be needed. Once you are done loading your container, it is then sealed and loaded up for the trip. It will be opened once you are there at customs. You can get further information by contacting the Embassy of the Sultanate of Oman located in the United States.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory