Huancayo is the capital of the Region of Junin and is located in the central parts of the Peru. If you want to import a vehicle into the country you would have to be armed with all the necessary documentation and to fill out the relevant paperwork.
It’s also highly advisable if you rely on the support of a professional shipping company such as the A-1 Auto Transport. We are going to significantly reduce the hassle which is associated with the transportation.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The National Customs Superintendency of Peru is going to require you to fill out one particular form of the Unique Customs Declaration. In order to do so you would need the following:
- Details of the registration.
- Type-Approved Number.
- Purchase Invoice.
- Bill of Lading.
- Insurance Policy even though this is optional.
- Identification number of the car.
Furthermore, there are additional requirements which are going to restrict the import of vehicles which are older than 5 years and if they have over 50,000 miles put on them. You can also expect to pay approximately about 10% tax on any new vehicles and 30% on those which are older. The average import duty is about 578% and there is a 16% VAT of the CIF value. There are also other considerations that you might want to account for such as:
- The car must be with a right sided steering wheel.
- The car has to pass the emission test.
- The car mustn’t have been in a major accident.
Even though it might seem like a good idea to drive from the USA to the country of Peru, this is basically impossible because there is no road between Peru and Columbia. This is why you might want to rely on the services of a professional shipping company such as the A-1 Auto Transport. We have over 20 years of shipping experience.
Furthermore, you have to make sure that your vehicle is properly steam cleaned before the shipping. This is going to ensure that there are no additional stops and checkpoints. With this being done, you can rest assured that the process is going to be a lot faster. Furthermore, you can refer to the Title 19 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations to get any further information. There are also two primaries for you to ship your vehicle.
Ro/Ro shipping method is going to require your car onto a shipping deck with nothing but its wheels. The vehicle is going to be fastened to it in order to prevent complications. This is without a doubt the most overly preferred shipping method mainly because it’s cheap and quick because there are no excessive checkpoints. However, you wouldn’t be allowed to transport any personal items.
The other type of shipping that you can rely on is Container shipping. This is far more convenient if you want to ship personal belongings with you. You would have to choose between a 2-ft and 40ft enclosed shipping container that you can store your vehicle within. For any further information, you may need, you can contact the Embassy of Peru in Washington, DC.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?