Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Huambo
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
About 600 km from the Luanda, the capital of Angola lays the city of Huambo. It is the capital of the large province and is the second largest city in the country. If you are moving to Huambo, for business, work or study, you are allowed to import your vehicle from USA. With two main ports in the country at Luanda and Lobito, there are many regulations and conditions that have to be followed.
However, as Angola and USA share good relations, it is best to have the documents in order and be knowledgeable about the procedures, so that there are no delays in the shipping or delivery in Angola.
Regulations when shipping to Angola
Angola is one of the countries that require pre-shipment inspection for used cars, to get the Certificate of Inspection which is needed for shipping. Thus, you will need to get this done in US before you ship to Angola. When you work with A1 Auto Transport service, we ensure that all of these formalities are taken care of and you can move to Angola with ease. We’ve been shipping vehicles all over the world for over 20 years and can assist you through it. Other documentation and formalities include submission of:
- Proof of ownership- passport/driving license
- Car details including VIN number, chassis and engine number, manufacturing year
- Shipping terms and conditions
- Insurance certificate
- PIP number allocated to the importer
- Bill of Lading
- Purchase invoice of vehicle
Additionally, the documentation is not only needed at the port in Angola but at the US port also. Your vehicle will need to be cleared by the U.S Customs and Border Protection. The US requirements include:
- Bill of sale of the vehicle that proves that you are the owner of the vehicle
- Clear title of the vehicle
- If there is a lien on the vehicle then you need to have pre-authorization to ship it to Huambo.
- You need to notify the US Customs before shipping the vehicle and pay the required fee
- It is essential to pay the port handling fee that is charged at the domestic US port and at the Port in Luanda, when your vehicle reaches there.
There are a lot of procedures and fees to pay when you ship a vehicle internationally. However if you are looking for more information about importing your car to Huambo, it is best to contact the Angola Embassy in the U.S.
In addition to the information about the procedures and regulations, you need to get a written quote on the shipping. There are different aspects of costing that needs to be considered. The price of the vehicle insurance and freight charges are calculated before the import duties are levied. The method of shipping that you select will play a dominant role in total cost of shipping the vehicle.
You can talk with us and we’ll be able to provide you all the knowledge about the cost and methods of shipping. If you are looking for budget shipping, select Roll-on/Roll-Off as your shipping option. But if you have an expensive vehicle to ship and need extra protection for it, container shipping is the best method to select. In container shipping, you select a 20 feet or 40 feet container to store and ship your vehicle. You are allowed to put a host of other personal items in the container and ship alongside.
Additionally, A1 Auto Transport service provides ‘door to port’ service wherein we will pick your vehicle from your doorstep and deliver to the US port for freight shipping. If you intend shipping by RORO, you will need to adhere to limitations that include steam cleaning the vehicle to keeping the jack, floor mats and 1/4th tank of fuel in the tank. You are not allowed to keep any personal items in the car. Other than that the car is driven on the vehicle on the ship, secured and then driven off at the port in Angola. As you only pay for the space occupied by the car, it is the cheapest.