The city of Homs is located on the banks of the Orontes River in western Syria and is about 100 miles from Damascus. Although the current political unrest has taken a toll on the city yet, if you are moving there on a diplomatic mission or as part of non-profit organization or due to other reasons, it will make a positive difference when you have your vehicle with you.
As public transportation is unreliable, the cost of vehicles is high in Syria and that is why importing your own vehicle makes sense.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Steps of auto import.
You need to address all aspects of the import procedure when you are shipping your vehicle to Homs. It is essential to complete the documentation and adhere to the Syrian regulations on auto import from USA else it can delay the shipment. Some of the key considerations include that the vehicle cannot be over 2 years from manufacture while the owner has to be present when the vehicle undergoes clearance by the Syrian Customs department.
It is important to know that the vehicles with diesel engines are not allowed within the country. If the vehicle owner is already staying in the country, the vehicle has to be imported within 4 months of arrival and the vehicle has to be taken back when the owner leaves Syria. Additionally, there is documentation that has to be completed. These include:
- Proof of ownership.
- Title deed of the vehicle.
- The license of import.
- Social security card.
- Work permit.
- Syrian General Directorate of Customs permit.
- Syrian Letter of Guarantee.
- For diplomats, Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs exemption letter.
Most of the roads are paved and it is comparatively easy to move in and around the city due to proper connectivity. It is important to know the rules of driving in Syria and as public transportation including taxi service is expensive. You need to know that there are two major methods which are used to ship the vehicle to Syria. These include Roll-off/Roll-On and Container shipping. If you are sending an empty vehicle then RORO works well but if you are shipping household goods, then container shipping is better. To know more about the shipping laws and current regulations, contact the Syrian Consulate.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?