Situated on the coastal region, near Tel Aviv, the Israeli city of Holon is within the Gush Dan metropolitan area.
If you are looking to stay here for a while for any reason, it might be more convenient to have your own vehicle imported from USA as buying a new car in Israel might be more expensive.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Process of shipping.
If you hire a professional automobile shipping agency such as A1 Auto Transport service, to take care of the process you are surely going to save yourself a lot of hassle. Our professional agent is going to be able to take care of the majority of the things that needs handling if you want to get your car to Holon. We are going to need some specific documentation, including your SSN and driver’s license. We will need you to sign a Power Of Attorney so that our network of shipping agents can collect the vehicle and duly transport it, if you cannot be there. Once all we need is provided and explained, the shipping contract would be signed after you accept the total shipping quote. We will also arrange your vehicle to be delivered to the shipping port in the US, if you can’t do it yourself. You should make sure to do the following:
- Clean the vehicle and leave no items in it.
- Have a fuel level at ¼ tank.
- Fully charge the battery.
- Disable the alarm.
- Complete an inspection for damages.
- Check the insurance amounts.
This last step is very important if you have a luxury, exotic or a classic vehicle and if the amount is not enough you might want to speak with your insurance agent and have it fixed.
You can generally ship by sea as there are a lot of ports in the country of Israel and it’s convenient. There are two ways for you to do that. The first one, the RORO method, entails that your vehicle is driven onto a shipping deck on a freight ship and that it’s safely secured there. It’s going to be exposed to the elements during the process and you won’t be able to ship anything else but your car. However, it’s the fastest sea-bound shipping method and it’s the cheapest as well.
Container shipping is the next possible choice if you have a more expensive or a classic car. This is so because the vehicle would be put into a container and sealed in it thus ensuring prevention from elements. You can also opt for that option if you want to ship other personal belongings. You can choose from a 20ft or a 40ft container and you are also given the chance to share it with someone else if you want to split the costs in half.
Clearing Israeli customs.
The customs have some particular regulations that you would have to abide by. You would have to get it registered if you intend on staying for more than 6 months. You would also have to acquire local driver’s license and show proof of ownership and identity. You could also get in touch with the Embassy of Israel if you need more information. You have to provide the agents with your visa, registration of the vehicle, shipping bill and you would also need a signed statement from the Ministry of Transportation and Road Safety in order to import and to drive your car in Holon. Furthermore, you would be required to provide the following documentation:
- Israeli Driver’s License.
- Commercial invoice or bill of sale.
- Bill of lading.
- Vehicle Registration.
- Allowance letter from the Ministry of transportation.
- Import License.
You could contact the Embassy of Israel in Washington, D.C. for any further information.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?