Ship Your Car To Or From Hithadhoo, Maldives
Hithadhoo is a district in the Addu City in the Maldives. The city is also the administrative district of Addu City. With plenty of government buildings and trade, it is one of the important cities in the country. Hithadhoo is the island with the largest population in the Maldives after the capital of Male.
Learn more about shipping cars to Maldives.
As soon as you relocate to the Maldives and you need to import your own personal vehicle in the country, you will definitely have to rely on reputable transporter. The company is going to have to get your vehicle from the location you have in the U.S. to the major shipping port which is in the Maldives. Your agent is going to cover the details with you. Additionally, you can contact the Maldives Embassy in U.S. before beginning the process.
The main documents that you will have to supply to the shipper are your social security number, driver’s licenses, title and registration as well as a signed Power of Attorney which will allow the company to legally transport your vehicle to the port. It is important that the vehicle has insurance before it is shipped out. When you work with A1 Auto Transport service, our shipping agent will give you an estimate to know more
You will have to check with the Maldives Customs Department in order to ensure that you are aware of the recent rules and regulations. You can ship your car to the Maldives for approximately $2,000 to $5,200. The area is an island chain and the cost is going to vary, based on the available transportation carriers as well as the points of origins and destinations for your vehicle.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Before You Ship
Before you begin the process, you need to go through the requirements with your shipping agent. He is going to provide you with an actionable quote so that you know what you have to pay for in advance and the things that you have to pay for when your vehicle reaches the port of destination. On top of it, you will also have to provide a few documents, such as:
- Bill of lading
- Import license
- Certificate of valuation
- Packing list or a cargo manifest
You will need to provide a lot of detailed information to the U.S. Customs before you ship out your vehicle and in the Maldives, as soon as your car arrives. Make sure that you bring the documents which state the make, model as well as the numbers of the engine and the chassis, seating capacities, color as well as the weight of the vehicle.
This is an important component of your budget as the method you select will affect the shipping cost. There are three options for you to choose from:
- Ro-Ro Shipping – this is commonly referred to as Roll-on/Roll-off shipping. It’s the cheapest sea freight method but you can’t bring any personal belongings with the vehicle. Additionally, you need to ensure that the vehicle only has the car jack, spare tire and floor mats.
- Container shipping – a bit more expensive than Ro-Ro, this method allows you to store your car within a sealed container and bring as many additional things as you want. You have the choice of picking 20 feet or 40 feet containers and are allowed to ship personal goods along with your car.
- Air Shipping – this is the quickest and most effective way to transport your car to the Maldives. However, it’s also very expensive and that’s why a lot of people prefer to stay away from it.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?