Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Helsingborg
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Helsingborg is located in the center of Scania, north ofwestern Scania. Helsingborg is located very close to Denmark. When you move to this beautiful city, it will be best of you bring your own vehicle from USA for ease of travel within the city.
If you are planning on shipping your carto Sweden, you will find the process is fairly easy since the USA and Sweden have the same understanding in business. When shipping, you will need to consider the import duties and legal fees as well as taxes that will need to be paid for in order to complete the import. In some cases, after proving your eligibility, you may be exempt from paying for your import. The paperwork can be confusing andit’sthis reason that you need A1 Auto Transport Service to help you with their years of experience in shipping to Sweden. They can help you get the best deals on importing and help you determine if you are exempt.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Importing your vehicle to Sweden is done with minimalinconvenienceas Sweden is a stable country with laws that do not change much. In addition, hiring a reputable shipping service to help you with the entire process from shipping your vehicle from the USA to arriving at the port located in Gothenburg can make it easier than ever. You will need to have all proof of documentation to begin this process. You will need:
- Your driver’s license.
- Bill of Sale on your vehicle.
- Proof of registration .
- License tags .
- Title to the vehicle without any liens on it.
- Temporarytitle for Swedish Insurance.
- Current Insurance coverage proof.
You will need to be at Gothenburg when your vehicle arrives on the ship if you want your vehicle cleared without any problems.There are specific regulations by Customs department of Sweden for importing motor vehicles. These regulations include:
- You must be the owner of thevehiclefor at least one year before importing.
- Thevehicle must be used for personal use only.
- You have not imported any vehicle into Sweden tax free for the past three years.
- You have all the necessary documentation and authorization from the Swedish government if you plan to become a citizen in this country or are making your visit long term.
- You will not be able to sell your vehicle for up to one year after importing into Sweden.
If any of these regulations are not met, then you could be charged an additional 25% VAT on your imported vehicle. You will need to choose one method of shipping in order to determine how much you will pay. Roll On/ Roll Off is considered the most affordable method of shipping. Your vehicle is driven onto the deck of the ship and parked in the bay where it is fastened down for the trip. Your car must be empty. You can only have a half a tank of gas in your vehicle in order to transport.
Container shipping consists of containers that are either 20 foot or 40 foot. You can pack your vehicle and all your belongings inside the container for convenience. You may want to opt for the Marine Cargo Insurance when choosing a container to ship everything in.If you would like to learn more about the laws and regulations in Sweden regarding imports, contact the Embassy of Sweden.