About 19 miles from Jerusalem, Hebron is the largest city in West Bank and the second largest in Palestine. There may be many reasons to move to Hebron for a short term or a more permanent basis. Whether you are a returning citizen, on a work/resident visa or planning to study here, you will be glad to have your car with you to commute through the cities. As soon as you decide about importing your vehicle to Hebron, it is best to consult with a shipping service that has experience with international shipping to Palestine.
This is important because there are specific rules and regulations that need to be considered. A1 Auto Transport service has considerable experience working port authorities at Gaza, the main sea port and would be able to help you through customs at US port and at Gaza. Palestine is under free trade treaty with USA and that is why it isn’t too complex to import the vehicle to Hebron.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Before shipping the vehicle to Hebron.
There are many legal formalities and paperwork that has to be completed and submitted to the Palestine Customs at Gaza before the car is shipped to Hebron. As experienced international shipping service, we offer a range of services including ‘door to port’ service and vice versa at Hebron. For an extra fee, we can pick up the vehicle and drop it off at the US port, complete the formalities and then receive the cargo at Gaza and drive it to Hebron for doorstep delivery. However, you will need to authorize us with a signed Power of Attorney to do the needful at the ports. Some of the important documents that you need to provide include:
- US-issued international driving license.
- Car title and registration deed.
- Insurance certificate.
- Passport and Social Security card copies.
There are other rules and regulations that you will need to follow to ensure that the vehicle is cleared. These restrictions and limitations include:
- Show/submit the purchase invoice (original).
- Only vehicles below 3 years from manufactured can be imported.
- Have the import license issued by the government.
- Approvals from Ministry of Transportation and General Petroleum Corporation.
- Original title deed.
There are many tax and levies that have to be calculated to ensure that you know the total cost of vehicle import to Hebron. With a 16% VAT on all vehicles that are imported, the other taxes are based on the cost of the vehicle, insurance and freight charges (CIF). Additionally, the cost will vary on the aspect whether you choose RORO or Container shipping. RORO is cheaper as your car is secured on the open deck while container shipping offers sealed transit in containers. This turns out more expensive. Thus, talk with one of the shipping agents and check which one is more favorable in your case and based on that they will offer you a written quote.
Another aspect to consider is that it is of prime importance to have the Import permit. You cannot transport the vehicle directly from the port but use the services of tagged yellow licensed Israeli trucks or hire Palestine trucks that carry the special permit. To know more about shipping from USA to Hebron, Palestine, check with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency about the new regulations and requirements.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?