Hasting is a small beach resort in Barbados and it is located on the south-western coast. It is a beautiful destination for surfing on the island, apart from the increase of tourism industry. Barbados is in the Caribbean Islands above South America. Bridgetown is the main port associated with cruise ships.
If you are planning to ship a vehicle to the island you have to understand that it’s easy but an expensive endeavor. This is why you should work with a reliable shipper such as the A1 Auto Transport to save as much money as you can. We have over 20-years’ worth of professional international shipping experience which is going to allow us to determine when it’s possible to spare a few taxes or duties and to ensure that you pay the least amount of money.
The associated taxes and the charges are going to be based upon the cost of your vehicle and for diplomats the process entirely free. The same goes for returning citizens. However, you have to get an approval from the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Finance prior to the shipping.
You would need to provide proof of ownership for three years as well as proof of residence in Barbados for over three years.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Restrictions and specifications.
There are specific restrictions that you would have to take into consideration. We are going to help you as much as we can but the restrictions are there to be adhered to and they include:
- Your vehicle has to be no more than 4 years old.
- Odometer reading shows 50,000 km mileage maximum.
- You have to carry the ownership documentation.
- Insurance policy.
- Bill of Lading.
- Title deed and registration documents.
- Permit of Import.
- Vehicle Purchase Receipt or Invoice.
Now, there are other customs and duties that you would have to pay before you can get your vehicle delivered. The duty is usually about 45% of the value of the vehicle. You would also have to deposit $4000 ecological tax in advance and if the car is new and less used there is a 17.5% VAT which could be lowered down to $300. Apart from that, there are FAS port charges and an excise tax that’s based on the capacity of the engine. The cars with 1800cc are subjected to a tax between 60% and 120% based on the weight of the vehicle.
Easy Shipping Options.
You can choose between Container shipping and RORO. The former would allow you to store your car in a sealed container of 20ft or 40ft and fill the remaining part with other belongings. This is more expensive but more convenient.
The RORO method would require you to drive your vehicle on its own wheels on a shipping platform to be secured on the deck of a freight carrier. You won’t be allowed to ship additional belongings and your vehicle is going to be exposed to the elements. That’s why it’s cheaper and faster. However, it is important that the vehicle is cleaned from inside so that it is not quarantined at the port. If you need any further information you can contact the Barbados Consulate in Washington, D.C.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?