Shipping a car to Hangzhou from the United States.
Those moving to China will frequently elect to bring their car along, but the complex rules and regulations of Chinese customs can be intimidating. There’s a lot to keep track of, especially when you’re preoccupied with other aspects of the move. Fortunately, decades of experience in navigating these hurdles means that A-1 Auto Transport are the leaders in vehicle shipping to China. A-1 not only provides world-class shipping services, but will also help you with the formalities of the customs process.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Hangzhou is situated at the head of Hangzhou Bay, on China’s east coast. It’s the capital and largest city of Zhejiang Province, and a logistics center for the eastern seaboard. The city sits at the intersection of some of China’s busiest rail corridors, and features a major port for sea-based shipping as well.
Primary Shipping and Delivery Methods.
For shipping, you’ll have the opportunity of selecting between these two options:
- Ro/Ro shipping – In roll-on/roll-off shipping, vehicles are directly loaded aboard carrier ships or trains and tied down securely. This is an open-air form of shipping, and is usually the most popular and economical choice.
- Container shipping – A method with the additional protection that a cargo container provides. Though Ro/Ro shipping is suitable for most needs, container shipping is the recommended method for particularly valuable and/or delicate vehicles
Terminal-to-terminal delivery – You’ll drop off the car at the terminal of departure nearest to you, here in the US. You will then need to pick it up at the point of arrival in Hangzhou.
Door-to-door delivery – The shipper will collect the vehicle right from your doorstep, and delivery it to a location of your choice within Hangzhou.
Be sure that you can mark off each of these points before sending the vehicle off to China:
- Disable the alarm system to preserve battery life.
- Leave roughly one-quarter a tank of fuel in the vehicle (this allows shippers to move it as needed).
- Ensure brakes are fully functional.
- Remove personal belongings from the car’s interior.
- Take down detachable fixtures, and lower the antenna.
- Wash the car, inside and out, to speed along the inspection process. Organic material left behind can be cause for vehicular quarantine.
Chinese customs law lists a number of required documents that must be presented on arrival, and dictates that you must be present in the country at the time. Be sure to ready:
- Proof of the age of the car.
- Declaration of the cargo.
- Written application.
- Commercial invoice of the purchase value.
Customs Policy of Hangzhou.
China has a number of customs policies and regulations in place, and we’ve gathered some highlights. Take a look below, and note as well that, as of July 2010, foreigner-owned used vehicles may no longer to be imported.
- Foreign experts as well as foreign companies set up in China can import cars tax-free.
- Customs duty is calculated on factors including the engine’s cubic capacity. There are different tax rates for different vehicles, but expect to pay no less than 25% of the value.
- Diesel based cars, with the sole exception of jeeps, are banned in China.
- Only left-hand drive cars are permitted.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?