Guelph has one of the lowest unemployment rates of any city in Canada. Crime in Gueph is also lower than other areas and has made the list of one of the best cities to live in Canada. For employment opportunities, the manufacturing, biotechnology and environmental management companies are developing rapidly and have seen an influx of travelers moving to the area for employment. Besides employment opportunities the city is also an attraction for tourists that enjoy the outdoors due to the many parks, rivers and lakes that are found in the area. Arts and entertainment are also a major draw for tourists as are the shopping centers that line the streets. For public transportation there is a train line as well as a bus system.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Automobile Shipment and Cost.
Automobile shipment from the United States to Canada is very convenient and the auto transport company representative will guide you through each step of shipping as you make your plans. They will need some information about your identity as well as the kind of car you have to be able to process the transport. The total cost of shipping will be based on several factors including the distance the car will be travelling, whether it will be picked up and delivered, the weight of the car and the kind of transport you will be using during shipment. Usually you will be able to have door to door transport, but if you prefer you may also ship terminal to terminal. If you will need to move your car and home possessions you can arrange for that to be done at the same time. You will want to plan ahead by making your transport arrangements at least two to four weeks in advance of the date you will need to have the car shipped. Automobile transport runs on a fairly normal schedule and you will want to make sure there will be available space on the carrier for your car during the time you need it moved.
Customs and Taxes.
Your car will have to cross the United States/Canadian border and you will need to prepare for that in advance. U.S. Customs as well as Canadian Customs will need some export/import documents including your driver’s license and motor vehicle title at least 72 hours before the car is shipped. You will also want to check with your transport agent or contact Transport Canada for information on motor vehicle standards in order to check to see if you will need to modify anything on your car before it can be imported. You will need to pay a general tax, possibly an excise tax and import duties when importing a car to Canada. Often, the import duty fee can be waived. Cars that will be travelling through Canada to go to other areas or cars that are older than ten years from the date of automobile manufacture can have the import fees waived but you must apply for exemption prior to shipping the car. Taxes and fees are usually included in the total cost of shipping and will be paid prior to the car being shipped from the United States. The transport method that you have the car shipped by will also be included in the total price of shipping.
Methods of transport from the U.S. to Canada.
You will have an option to ship your car with either open transport or enclosed transport. The following are ways to ship the car:
- Open Transport- open transport can be accomplished either on land or by sea on a RORO RORO is short for roll on roll off and it is the most used method of automobile shipping in the world today. Vehicles are rolled on and rolled off the carrier for quick and simple transportation. RORO is also the most economically priced mode of transport available. Cars need to be cleaned out prior to being loaded for transport when using open transport.
- Enclosed Transport- Using an enclosed trailer or a shipping container will let you load personal items inside with the car during shipment. It is also a great way to ship a car that needs to have secure protection during transport like a classic or antique automobile.
- Air Freight– Shipping a car by air is seldom used unless the car is a very expensive car or you may have expensive items to ship along with the car during transport to Canada. It is the fastest, yet most expensive way to have a motor vehicle shipped.
As you are making your transport plans and working with the shipping agent to schedule the date of shipment, they will give you all the information on the ways you can ship the car, how much it will cost and the estimated date that the car will arrive at the new location in Guelph.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?