Shipping a car to Guangzhou from the United States.
Bringing a car into China can involve a tremendous amount of painstaking research and complicated tariff systems – but only if you let it. A-1 Auto Transport makes this process a walk in the park by giving you all the necessary information and handling the boring minutia. Relax and let A-1 tackle the job, with their decades of experience in shipping cars to various locations throughout China.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Situated on the Pearl River, Guangzhou is the capital of the Guangdong province of China. It’s the province’s largest city, and one of the nation’s 5 National Central Cities. Guangzhou is an important transportation center and major trading port, with links to numerous railways and roads extending throughout the country.
Guangzhou Customs Policy and Regulations.
Note these important points regarding vehicle importation into China. Take a look over the customs laws for full details.
- Only left-hand drive vehicles are admissible into the country.
- Vehicles that operate on diesel (with the exception of jeeps) are similarly banned in China.
- Used vehicles are no longer permitted to be imported for self-use, as of July 2010.
- The custom taxes in China follow a tiered tariff. Rates range from 25 to 47 percent, and are calculated based on the engine cubic capacity of the particular vehicle. Foreign experts, as well as foreign companies established in China, may be able to import a car into the country tax-free.
Mandated Set of Documents.
Chinese customs rules dictate that you’ll need to actually be onsite in China to receive your car. Certain documents must be presented to the custom officials before the car is allowed entry into Guangzhou. Before you ship, ensure you have:
- Proof of age of the car.
- Proof of the purchase value of the car.
- Written application and an import cargo declaration.
These are non-negotiable – expect the vehicle to be turned away if any of these documents are missing.
Consider which method of shipping best suits your needs:
- Container shipping – In this method of shipping, the car is loaded in a container. It is then strapped securely to prevent any movement. The container can either be 20 foot or 40 foot depending on your preference. These containers are then loaded onto large ships or carriers. The car is unloaded in a similar manner at the destination.
- Roll-on/Roll-off shipping – Ro/Ro shipping, just as the name suggests, is when the car is directly loaded (or rolled) onto the ship or other carrier. It is then secured in place using straps to prevent movement. At the destination, the car is then unloaded in the same fashion.
You can also choose between pick-up and delivery options. In door-to-door shipping, your car can be brought right from your doorstep to the location of your choosing in Guangzhou. A cheaper option is terminal-to-terminal shipping, wherein you’ll bring the car to a port of departure yourself and pick it up onsite in China.
Certain checks and preparations should be made before shipping:
- Alarms must be disabled to prevent drain on the car’s battery.
- The fuel tank should be approximately 25 percent full – this will help shippers to load and unload the car without adding excessive weight.
- Personal belongings must be taken out of the car. The only items permitted inside are the jack and the spare tires.
- The inside and outside of the car must be clean and ready for inspection.
- Detachable accessories must be taken down; if the antenna is not removable, it should be lowered.
- Double-check the foot and e-brakes to make certain that they are properly functioning.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?