If you are moving or staying a while in the city of Guadalupe, Mexico then having your vehicle shipped over might be in your best interest. Shipping a vehicle to Mexico isn't that difficult. As with any vehicle shipment into another country, there are certain requirements that will need to be addressed, as well as documents that will need to be presented.
The Necessary Requirements for Vehicle Shipment Anywhere in Mexico
The requirements for vehicle shipment can change at any time. Therefore, it is always a good idea to contact the Embassy of Mexico for all current policies. They will inform you of all that is needed for a smooth vehicle shipment.
The Documentation That Will Be Needed.
- Two of the following will be needed: License, Passport, Picture ID, Registered Voter's License, Visa, or Proof of Residency.
- Original vehicle title and two copies.
- A Shippers Export Declaration (SED)- obtain from U.S. Customs.
- Pedimento- obtain from Mexican Customs.
The Requirements That Need to be Fulfilled and Addressed.
- The vehicle must be below a 10 passenger vehicle.
- The value of the automobile must not exceed $12,000.
- There must be a catalytic converter in the car.
- It has to have a gasoline engine.
- The vehicle must have been purchased in Canada or the U.S.
- Luxury vehicles, sports cars and convertibles are not permitted.
- The vehicle must be older than 5 years.
What Are My Choices for Vehicle Shipment?
When you have made the decision to ship your vehicle from the United States to Guadalupe, you will have several methods to select from. There is air shipping, container shipping, and RO/RO shipping. All of these methods are reliable and safe for your vehicle, but some are much more expensive than others.
- Air shipping seems like a good way to ship a vehicle, but it is extremely expensive. Many people can't afford this type of shipment but it is an option.
- RO/RO shipping is a method of shipment that requires the vehicle to be empty with a few exceptions. Floor mats, a car jack and a spare tire are acceptable. This form of shipping is the cheapest.
- Container shipping allows a person to fill their vehicle with belongings. The remaining space in the container can also be filled. The container can even be split with another person to help lower the cost of shipment.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.