The second largest city in Austria, Graz has the coveted title of ‘Cultural Capital of Europe’ and in 2008 was declared the ‘City of Culinary Delights’. With over six universities, it has hosts of students from all over the world coming in to study and work. And that is one of the reasons that having your personal transport becomes a necessity.
However, in case you plan on importing your car to Graz, you will need to ensure that safety while shipping the car legally into Graz, Austria. This is one of the reasons that you need to consider the regulations set by the Austrian Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology for importing cars for personal use. It is best to utilize the skill and knowledge of international shipping services such as A1 Auto Transport Company as we have the experience of doing it securely. We ensure that customs are cleared in US and at the port of destination.
When the car is being imported from another country belonging to European Union, there are no duties as EU is a customs community. However, you are required to buy the transfer license plates and get the necessary insurance for the duration of your stay. In case you are moving to Graz permanently, you would be required to submit the following documents to adhere to the licensing laws in Austria. These are:
- Bill of vehicle purchase
- Proof of ownership
- NOVA tax and registration fee
- Certificate of Conformity (safety and emission)
However, when you are importing vehicles from other countries, you require:
- Proof of car ownership
- T1 consignment note
- Bill of Lading/Import Declaration
While there are taxes and fees associated with importing personal cars in Austria, you will need to pay about 20% import tax and another 10% on the total value of the car or vehicle apart from the NOVA tax.
Shipping from United States
Before you ship your car from US to Austria, you will need to get it converted as per Austrian regulations and adhere to the noise, emissions and lights. Other parts of the car will need to be changed before it is shipped. If the car is of less than 24 horsepower, there is no road tax otherwise you are liable to pay it along with customs and other duties. To know more about shipping your car from US, consult the Embassy of Austria.
Methods of shipping
You have the choice of either putting your car within an enclosed containers ranging from 20 ft. to 40 ft. or get it harnessed on the deck with the cheaper Roll-on/Roll-Off method. The container shipping is more expensive as the container is securely locked and opened at the final port of delivery.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?