Located in Western Nicaragua, this is the capital city of Granada Department. It is the 6th populous and most important city of the country. It is politically and economically prominent, historically rich with its colonial structure and heritage.
Those looking to import their vehicles to Granada need to be aware of associated costs. Besides major considerations, you need to factor in insurance coverage for shipment duration along with vehicle size. Car length is equally important as its weight because it decides the amount of space it will occupy. Besides inspection costs, import tax, and port import tariffs, you will need to pay the additional levy charged by Nicaraguan customs. The Treasury Department levies vehicle taxes, and it is difficult to anticipate these beforehand. It is better to depend upon shipping agency as they may be aware of the same and will help you plan the budget in accordance.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Once you decide on shipping method and factor this with extra costs, you will get accurate quotes related to entire operation. It is possible to import all types of vehicles in Granada, whether second-hand or new, provided it is not 10+ years old. You can even import older cars if designated classic. Then, the car model and value will form the basis for assigned taxes. To get approval from Nicaraguan customs, it is better to prepare your vehicle as required by guidelines. This includes,
- Clean inside out.
- One-fourth full gas tank.
- No leaking fluids.
- Disabled alarms and antitheft devices.
The shipping agency will handle documentation at both outgoing and incoming ports. The things that you will need to make everything smooth include,
- Copy of passport, driver’s license, and ownership proof.
- The lading bill.
- Nicaraguan consulate certification within us.
- S. Customs and Border Protection Certificate.
Your shipping agency will handle this towards the end, and it is important to confirm this. Submission of this document to the agency should happen 72 hours prior to vehicle export. Ideally, you should do this even earlier. The vehicle should have eligibility for overseas transfer. US Federal Regulations Code – Title 19 lists governing laws. One may refer to general documentation rules and requirements regarding the lien holder permission.
The major U.S. ports used for transport of vehicles to Nicaragua are Everglades, Miami, and Gulfport. Different shipping methods are popular, including RORO and Container shipping. During shipping, you may use exclusive containers or choose to share this with others. Usually these are 20 or 40 feet and you can pack your personal items alongside the vehicle. If you are on a budget, you may opt for RO-RO where vehicle uses its own wheels to get on and off the ship. Here, it remains exposed to the elements.
Contact the Embassy of Nicaragua to get more details on the procedures for importing vehicles to Granada.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory