The beautiful city of Goroka is the capital of Eastern Highlands Province of Papua New Guinea. You will find an airport toward the center of town on Highlands Highway located about 285 km from Lae in Morobe Province.
It is also 90 km from Kainantu in the eastern highlands. Kundiawa in Simbu Province and Mount Hagen in the western highlands province is also very close.
If you want to bring your vehicle over to Goroka, you will need to abide the government rules and regulations in order to import your vehicle to New Guinea. A1 Auto Transport Service can transport your vehicle to New Guinea without any hassles on your part. They know the rules and regulations of Papua, New Guinea and can help you prepare your vehicle for the move. Papua is an independent island nation of Oceania. Because there are frequent tropical weather conditions that include strong winds, abundant rainfall, and high humidity, it’s not always possible to maintain your vehicle during transport.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Custom Duties Exemptions.
If you plan to bring our vehicle over, you may want to know if you qualify for duty-free import. You will need to see what rules and regulations Papua New Guinea Customs. Some of the requirements include:
- You must stay in Goroka for more than twelve months from the date you arrive.
- You must own your vehicle in the United States for more than a year before importing it.
- Submit ownership documents.
- Have your vehicle inspected and roadworthiness tests passed?
Whether you are coming over with a residence permit or a work visa, there are plenty pf documents to submit when you import your vehicle. This includes:
- Driver’s license copy.
- Your title.
- Insurance proof.
- invoice receipt.
- Registration proof.
Cost of Shipping.
When you ship your vehicle over to Papua New Guinea, you will see that some charges will be associated with this task. The import duties that are determined by the size of the engine in your car and it is normally 40% to 110% of the CIF. Additionally, there are additional port handling fees, car safety inspection and license fees that need to be cleared.
There are ports that you can choose from when importing your vehicle to Papua New Guinea which can make importing easier. You will also have to choose between Roll On/ Roll Off shipping and container shipping. With RORO shipping, you will find that it is more affordable however, it is also more restricted because you cannot leave anything in the car. If you choose container shipping, you will choose between a 20 foot and 40 foot container.
Find out more about shipping to Goroka by contacting the Embassy of Papua New Guinea located in the United States.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?