Goodlands is a town located on the island of Mauritius, in the District of Riere du Rempart. It is administered by the local council under the aegis of the region.
It is also one of the most populated towns in the island nation.
Now, if you have to work in Goodlands or you intend to spend more time there, having your own personal vehicle is definitely advantageous. The fact is that even when you pay all of the taxes and the duties for the import, you are still going to pay less than if you had to purchase a new car on the island.
Working with the A1 Auto Transport, on the other hand, is going to ensure that you import your vehicle free of any hassle. Your car is going to be shipped from the US to the Port Louis as that’s what’s required for the Container and Ro-Ro shipping.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Requirements and procedures.
You would have to fill out quite a lot of paperwork as per the Mauritius Revenue Services as well as to provide documents to verify the ownership of the vehicle. This is necessary for the U.S. Customs and Border Protection as well as with the Mauritius Customs. What is more, you would be required to provide the authorities with the following documents:
- Bill of Lading.
- Title deed.
- Purchase invoice.
- Ownership proof.
- Insurance policy.
- Import Permit.
- Valid international driving license.
Taxes and Import Tariffs.
The last document is needed if you are going to import a used vehicle. The shipping service is going to be filling for it before the process has started. Keep in mind that Mauritius does not accept vehicle which is older than 4 years old. You are also required to file a Cancellation of Vehicle Registration before you can get a local registration.
Upon calculating the total costs, it’s advisable if you know the taxes. Now, there is a 15% VAT on the entire imported vehicle and the other taxes are based on the capacity of the engine. 550cc engine vehicles are subjected to 15% duty while higher than 2000cc vehicles have to pay 100% import duty.
You should also make sure to choose the most appropriate shipping method. If you choose to go with the RORO shipping, you need to make sure that the following are done:
- Steam clean the car.
- Get rid of air conditioning gasses.
- Leave ¼ of a gas tank full.
- Floor mats, car jack, extra set of keys and a spare tire to be left in the vehicle.
The car is going to be transported by freight ships. However, if you need any personal belongings to be imported alongside the vehicle you should opt for Container shipping. Sure, it’s a bit more expensive but it provides you with a lot of value in return. For any other questions, you can contact the Embassy of Mauritius in Washington, D.C.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?