The second biggest city in Belarus, Gomel is the administrative center of the province. Located on the banks of the Sozh River, it is one of the important centers of trade and commerce in the country.
Though importing your vehicle from U.S may seem complex, A1 Auto Transport service ensures to make it a smooth and seamless process with minimum hassle to you. With over 20 years of experience dealing with international auto shipping, you know your vehicle is in good hands and will arrive safely. Additionally, having your own vehicle in Belarus can be of advantage as you are free to drive when you want to travel.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
However, as with any import there are rules and regulations laid down by State Customs Committee of the Republic of Belarus to deal with, you are required by law to submit a series of documents mainly to prove legality of the import and ownership of the vehicle. These are listed as:
- Title deed of the vehicle.
- Passport and license of the owner.
- Documents listing the damage/repairs on the vehicle.
- Roadworthiness certificate.
- New vehicles that have not been registered/have a title deed need to have manufacturer’s origin certificate, purchase invoice.
- Authorized Power of Attorney, if you cannot be there to take the delivery of the vehicle.
All of these documents are required by the U.S Customs at least 3 days before you ship out the vehicle, as per the guidelines in U.S. Code of Federal Regulations. In Belarus, your vehicle will be offloaded at the Port of Mazyr. If you need any assistance in U.S or at Belarus, just give us a call.
Though air shipping is the quickest, it is extremely expensive, which makes it the least popular choice for carting the vehicle overseas. However, the more affordable methods include container shipping and Roll-on/Roll-Off (RORO) shipping.
RORO requires that the car or vehicle is driven on at the port of departure in US and driven off at the Belarus port. The vehicle has to be completely devoid of all personal items, air conditioning gas and car accessories. This is a perquisite of shipping by this method. If you don’t want any delays and vehicle quarantine, we recommend that you get the vehicle steam cleaned before shipping. Additionally, it is essential that you keep an extra set of keys, spare tire and jack within the vehicle.
Though container shipping is an equally popular method, it is more expensive than RORO. When you ship by container shipping, the vehicle is packed in large containers and loaded onto the freight ship. You are allowed to keep your household goods and other personal items that have to be shipped to Gomel.
For a period of 12 months, you are allowed to import a vehicle without paying any custom duty or taxes. You are required to get the permit for prolongation at the Belarus Customs department after a period of 3 months. However these vehicles can only be used by the owner(s). You are allowed to sell the vehicle within 1 year after paying the duties and taxes. The taxes are calculated based on the value of the vehicle and other shipping charges.
To get the exact information about the current import laws pertaining to vehicles, contact the Embassy of Belarus.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?