A municipality in west Kosovo, Gjakova is a populated city. It is located about 60 miles away from the Adriatic Sea. The city is located on the southern side of the Dinaric Alps.
After the political instability and strife in the last decade, Kosovo is developing fast and offers a range of employment and education opportunities.
However, irrespective of the reason for your move, it is important to be able to travel independently and importing your own vehicle from USA isn’t as complex as you thought. There is plenty of documentation, identification to show and taxes to pay before you can drive your own vehicle in Kosovo. That is why you need to hire the expert services of A1 Auto Transport service as they have shipped plenty of vehicles to Kosovo and will be able to help you with the procedures. One of the essential aspects of importing the vehicle and driving in Gjakova is having a US license, if you are a U.S citizen. It is important that you are careful when driving due to unregulated traffic and poorly maintained roads.
Shipping the car to Gjakova.
A1 Auto Transport company’s representatives will discuss the details of the procedure with you apart from working on the cost to offer affordable shipping methods. As Kosovo is a landlocked country, your vehicle will be shipped to the port in Albania and then one of the shipping agents will arrange for land transportation over to Gjakova. However, third party insurance will be required before it can be shipped to Kosovo as per the Kosovo Customs department. It takes a week to get the customs clearances and it is important for the owner to be present else authorize someone on their behalf to collect the vehicle.
Documentation and Motor Vehicle Regulations.
You are required to submit documents to the U.S Customs and at the Kosovo Customs before the clearances can be issued. Some of the required documents include:
- Title deed.
- Owner’s Driving license and passport copies.
- Purchase invoice.
- Vehicle’s logbook.
- Insurance and registration documents.
Other eligibility requirements for importing your vehicle to Gjakova are governed by the Motor Vehicle Regulations that includes:
- There is import duty of 11.5% and 16% tax based on the price of the vehicle.
- You are not allowed to import a vehicle over six years old.
- You need to have U.S passport, valid license and insurance policy.
- Vehicle has to be disinfected at the border before it enters Kosovo.
Additionally, if you are looking to for the cost of exporting, it is important to get a price quote. However, it is good to discuss the methods of shipping and select the right one for your budget. Generally, the most common ones include container shipping and RORO. If you are on a tight budget but only need the vehicle shipped, you can opt for RORO but if you have to relocate and transport your household goods along with the vehicle, you need to choose the more expensive option of Container shipping.
To know more about shipping your vehicle safely to Gjakova, contact the Embassy of the Republic of Kosovo and know more about the rules and regulations.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?