The second biggest Burundi city, in terms of area and population, Gitega is located east of Bujumbura. It is an important center of trade and business in the country. If you are contemplating a move to this city for work or personal reasons, you might require your personal vehicle to help you commute. However you need to find trusted and experienced shipping company that will help you get the vehicle imported to Gitega.
To start with it is important to know that the condition of the roads is not really good and only about 10% are paved by irregular terrain is a reason that four-wheel drive might be a better option. However, that should not be deterrent for importin your car to Gitega.
When you discuss your plan with A1 Auto Transport service, we will be able to explain the processes and the related documentation that is vital for custom clearances. We will let you know the closest port from your city and for an extra fee offer ‘door-to-port’ services while one of our shipping agents will be present at the Port of Bujumbura. Before your car ships out from the domestic US port, there are forms to fill out and it is mandatory to intimate the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Vehicle import regulations.
To ensure a smooth entry into Gitega, it is important to submit essential documents that will be verified by the Burundi Revenue Authority. These are:
- Original vehicle registration.
- Original bill of vehicle purchase.
- Car title.
- Details of vehicle includes engine/ chassis number, cubic capacity, and year of manufacture.
- Owner’s copy of driving license/passport.
You will need to discuss with your shipping service about the cost of the vehicle import and the procedures that need to be adhered to. In addition to the freight and insurance costs, there is 4% handling fee on it and 17% transactional levy on the cost, insurance and freight (CIF). Apart from submission of the above mentioned documents, there is more paperwork that is needed to get the clearances and these are:
- International driving license.
- Social security number.
- Car title deed.
- Insurance documents.
- Power of Attorney to shipping service to be present at the US port or the Port Of Bujumbura.
With two options of shipping, you need to inform A1 Auto Transport service whether you prefer RORO or container shipping. RORO is more affordable as the car is driven on the ship, secured on the deck and then driven off. You are not allowed to keep anything in the car and pay only for the parking slot. However, it is important to clean the car completely. In container shipping, it is important that you are not carrying anything that is considered illegal in Burundi. You have the option of hiring 20 feet or 40 feet container and putting the car and personal belongings in the container. This is a safer method but is more expensive.
To get more information about the latest rulings and regulations, you will need to get in touch with the consulate officials at Burundi Embassy. They will be able to assist you with information pertaining to your specific requirement.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?