Situated in the Cayman Islands, George Town is the capital of small group of islands in the British West Indies. As the financial hub of Cayman Islands, there are many government offices, banks and Trusts in the city. With plenty of employment options, if you are moving to George Town on a long term basis, it might help to ship your vehicle from USA and drive it around the scenic port city.
However, international shipping of vehicles is a complex process and that is why it is best to work with a reliable shipping service like A1 Auto Transport service. We have years of experience shipping vehicles aboard, including Cayman Islands. We will provide a quote on your custom transportation requirement, when you decide to work with us. Additionally, we are conversant with the various custom requirements and applicable taxes which will be built into the total cost.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Auto Shipping Requisites.
You are required to present an array of documents to the Cayman Island customs department. These are:
- Original car title.
- Authorized document stating evaluated market value of the vehicle.
- Vehicle insurance certificate.
- Listed details on the vehicle- engine/chassis number, model and make.
- Submit customs declaration form.
- Residence and work permits.
- Passport of the owner with entry stamp of Cayman immigration.
- Bill of Lading.
Import Duties and Taxes.
There are government imposed taxes on the imported vehicles which is evaluated after considering the insurance, vehicle price and the freight charges. Depending upon these variables, the import taxes and duties are applicable. Vehicles that are below $20,000 are charged 27.5% of import duty while those above the value of $30,000 have to pay $35%. While those automobiles over this price limit are taxed at 40% of the CIF. Additionally, there are other taxes including Environmental Disposal fee, waste fee and licensing fee which are paid at the time of import. The environment taxes are levied to cover the total cost of disposing the used vehicle later on.
Custom Clearance Requirements.
As soon as your vehicle arrives in Georgetown, you or A1 Auto Transport service will need to complete a host of procedures so that the custom clearance is completed for your vehicle. These are:
- Pay import taxes.
- Pay the port charges.
- Get the vehicle registered at the DVLD after buying local vehicle insurance.
- Pick the vehicle from the port.
If you are going to import the vehicle for a short term use which is less than six months, the vehicle qualifies for duty-free import. You will need to contact the Collector of Customs to know more about the duty free import of your vehicle. Contact the Embassy of Cayman Islands in USA for more details.
When you are calculating the cost of shipping, the method of shipping that you choose counts, so you will need to decide whether you prefer container shipping or RORO. Talk with A1 Auto Transport service to know the details about the best method of shipping to George Town, Cayman Islands.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory