The famed Palestinian city at the Gaza Strip, the highly populated Gaza City, has been recently undergoing political upheavals yet business and trade continues. If you are a returning citizen, on a work permit or working with a non-profit organization, you might want to take your vehicle with you when you move to Gaza City. However, the fact is that it is important to know about the vehicle regulation and other related rules governing the imports in Palestine.
It is essential to work with a shipping service that understands the rules and regulations of the sea ports in Palestine. And that is where we step in. A1 Auto Transport service is one of the leading international shipping services and with over 20 years of unparalleled service, we understand all aspects of shipping to Palestine.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Your vehicle will be received at the Port of Gaza and as your shipping agent; we will go over the details of the documents and consolidate them for submission at the US port and at Palestine Customs at Gaza. These important documents include:
- Social Security Number.
- US issued driver’s License.
- Car Title.
- Insurance Certificate.
- Signed Power of Attorney in case the owner cannot be around for delivery of the vehicle.
As per the import rules, Palestine comes under free-trade treaty with USA and that is why it easy to import a vehicle if you adhere to the regulations. These include:
- Allow to only import vehicles less than 3 years from manufacture.
- Have original purchase invoice of the vehicle.
- Hold import permit or license from Palestine government.
- Original title deed.
- Have approval of the General Petroleum Corporation.
- Ministry of Transportation approval.
There taxes and custom duties to be cleared which are calculated on the basis of cost of the vehicle, freight charges and insurance. On all imported vehicles, there is a 16% VAT on the current value of the car while the owners importing a vehicle have to have a license to import. Another important factor to consider is that it is essential that the cars that are being imported and transported from Gaza port have to be carted in licensed Israeli trucks with yellow tagged license plates or in Palestine trucks which are covered under special license for transportation.
You can check other relevant details on importing vehicles to Gaza City with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency and see if there are new changes that need to be considered. Additionally, if you are looking for a quote, it is important to decide on the method of shipping that you prefer. You can choose between RORO and container shipping. If you are on a tight budget, RORO is the best option. Your car is driven onto the ship deck and secured while there are limitations and restrictions on only shipping an empty car, devoid of any personal belongings. However, this is not the case with container shipping wherein you can secure your car and put household goods alongside in the 20 or 40 feet containers.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory