The third largest city of Cameroon, Garoua is the largest port and the capital of the northern region. It is situated on the River Benue. If you want to import your vehicle here for faster and easier travel, it is definitely achievable, especially if you trust a reputable service such as the A-1 Auto Transport service.However, shipping to Cameroon from the USA might be quite difficult if you are on your own. Cameroon is officially known to have a population of about 21.5 million people and it’s located in West Central Africa. Even though English and French are official languages not a lot of people can speak them fluently. A lot of the official workers do, and as one of the A1 Auto Transport shipping agents will be there for assistance, communication shall not be an issue. Even though the corruption is rather high, the A-1 Auto can make sure that your vehicle arrives safely in Cameroon.
However, shipping to Cameroon from the USA might be quite difficult if you are on your own. Cameroon is officially known to have a population of about 21.5 million people and it’s located in West Central Africa. Even though English and French are official languages not a lot of people can speak them fluently. A lot of the official workers do, and as one of the A1 Auto Transport shipping agents will be there for assistance, communication shall not be an issue. Even though the corruption is rather high, the A-1 Auto can make sure that your vehicle arrives safely in Cameroon.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Now, even though English isn’t spoken a lot, the majority of the Cameroon Customs Department officials will at least have basic fluency. The main issue is the corruption that unfortunately takes place in the country. Another thing that you might want to note is that Cameroon is known for having extensive delays when it comes to shipping arrivals so it’s pretty common there due to the high corruption and the inadequate staffing.
Having connections with the local officials is without a doubt crucial if you want to get rid of the “extra” fees that could arise based on the discretion of the official. A1 Auto Transport has enough experience when dealing with the officials in Cameroon in order to limit those extra fees and to make sure that your shipment is properly secured throughout the whole process.
Requirements to ship.
All imports have to be accompanied by proper documents so that the vehicle is verified as a legal move. That is why both port and Custom authorities in U.S and at Cameroon will need the documents. In order to import your car you would need the following:
- Proof of ownership.
- Purchase invoice or a Bill of Sale.
- The final destination of the car.
Unless the final destination is a permanent address, you would have to pay all the taxes and duties that are required.
Shipping and exporting a car to Cameroon might turn out to be quite overwhelming but with our help we are going to make the entire process seamless for you. You can choose between two main shipping options when it comes to it and they include:
- Roll-On and Roll-Off Service: This is undoubtedly the most used method simply because it’s cheapest and fastest. Furthermore, you would be required to drive your car on a shipping deck on its own wheels where it would be secured. It’s going to be exposed to the elements throughout the entire time and you won’t be able to ship anything else in terms of personal belongings.
- Container Service: If it’s security that you want container shipping is for you. This particular service is going to allow you to enjoy the safety of a private and enclosed container that you could fill up with as many personal belongings as you want.
If you are looking for more information about the laws, regulations or the current taxes that are applicable on your custom import, it is best to contact the Cameroon Consulate in USA.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory