Garðabaer is a city and municipality located in the Capital Region in Iceland. It’s also currently the sixth biggest city in the country. If you intend moving to Garðabaer from the USA you might want to take your time and plan the shipping of your vehicle.
It is, however, highly advisable that you get a professional company like the A1 Auto Transport to assist you with the international shipping process. The company has more than 20 years worth of international shipping experience and it could easily handle your transportation.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Regulations to adhere to.
You should have owned the car for at least 6 months before the moment of shipping. You also have to have lived in the US for at least 12 months before the shipping in order to be allowed to do so. As per the regulations set forth by the Iceland Customs, you can’t sell the car or let anyone else drive it after you import it. If you want to leave the city of Garðabaer you have to take the car with you. Once you have your passport as well as your visa authenticated you’d be able to get your car.
We are going to work alongside you to make sure that all of your documents are properly completed to adhere to the rules of Iceland. We would also ensure that they meet the standards set forth by the U.S. Customs. In any case, it’s crucial to know that any discrepancy is going to lead to some serious and unwanted delays.
The Iceland Customs Department is going to require some particular documents in order to process your order. You have to submit those at least 7 days prior to the shipping day:
- Diving license of the U.S. and of Iceland.
- Insurance policy which is international.
- Title deed.
- Registration certificate.
- Residence visa or a work permit.
- Invoice of purchase and of freight shipping.
- Bill of Lading.
- Certificate which declares duty free importation ( this one is optional )
Requirements to fulfill.
If your car is registered within the U.S and you want to import it here you have to have lived outside Iceland for at least a year. The time limit for importing the car is 30 days. You also have to clear transportation fees before your vehicle exits the USA. You might want to get a quote from your shipping agent as to what the total cost is going to be. The latter is going to be greatly dependent on a lot of factors such the method of shipping, the year, model and make of the car, the car’s size and weight and much more. Additionally, you can choose between RORO shipping and container shipping. The first is more preferred as it’s cheaper but the second is a lot more secure and thus a bit more expensive.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory