Located in Tunisia, Gafsa is the ninth largest city and was originally named Capsa. It is the capital of Gafsa governorate. It is about 229 miles from Tunis. As one of the important centers for trade and commerce in the country, employment, and education opportunities have risen, leading to a steady influx of foreign and locals in the region.
Public transportation is available in Tunisia but it’s not as accessible as you would see in the United States or other countries. Transportation in North Africa is not as consistent so you may experience being late for work or school when choosing public transport. Another concern with public transport is the language barriers.
If you have a personal vehicle in Tunisia while you are staying there, you can come and go as you please. Toyotas are more popular because the parts are easily accessible while staying here. The climate can be difficult on your vehicle and can cause immature wear and tear.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documentation for Importing.
When you are ready to import your vehicle from the United States, you will need to obtain the right documentation for Tunisian Customs, to provide proof that you own the vehicle and the vehicle’s details need to be proven as well. You will need the following documentation to help you do that:
- Proof that you are the owner of the vehicle.
- Vehicle title.
- Vehicle Registration.
- Vehicle details such as the make, model, and serial number.
- Proof of insurance.
- Photo ID, driver’s license, and passport.
Steps to Import your Vehicle.
- The vehicle must be able to pass inspection once it reaches the Tunisian Customs
- The owner of the vehicle must be present at customs when the vehicle arrives
- Only one vehicle can be shipped for six months
Preparing your vehicle for Importing.
When you prepare your vehicle for importing, you avoid any delays or having your vehicle quarantined. All paperwork must be presented when requested otherwise, the vehicle will be held or sent back and you will need to pay the shipping expenses. Preparing your vehicle also reduces any risk of damages done to your vehicle or to the ship that transports your vehicle. When you prepare your vehicle for importing, you also avoid any discrepancies that may happen between the ship owner and the shipping service you hire.
Importing a vehicle can be expensive but you can save money by being flexible on the dates and times your vehicle is shipped. While some may not have that flexibility, you can save money when it’s not something you have to do quickly. You can also save money by choosing to ship your vehicle on an open carrier instead of paying for a container, even if you have a classic or exotic vehicle.
Methods of Shipping.
Your decision and preference might depend upon your budget and that is why it is important to think it over before deciding on the
- Roll On/ Roll Off method: This is one method of shipping that is most often chosen because it is cost effective and the fastest way to ship. In order to use this method, your battery will need to be fully charged so your vehicle can be rolled on/ rolled off the ship as needed. There cannot be any household items left in the vehicle.
- Container shipping method: This is an option that will cost more money but it does provide a sense of security for your vehicle, especially if it is an expensive one. Personal items can be placed inside the container to ship everything at one time.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?